SR20 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if a 95 sr20de tranny off a g20 was a gem to buy than having my nx2000 tranny repaired due to fifth gear eating itself. What are the differences on both trannys.

·
I hurt tires
403 Posts
yes, G20t's had LSD in them. Compared to your stock nx2000 tranny, all the individual gear ratios are the same except 3rd gear, which is quite long(goes to about 100mph @7500 rpm). However all the gears are longer due to the longer final drive ratio.

here are the aproximate maximum speeds in each gear @7500rpm
1st ~40mph
2nd ~65mph
3rd ~100mph
4th ~124mph
5th pretty damn fast

hope that helps.

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
$100, thats a great deal. If you decide not to buy it, let us know so one of us can pick it up.

·
6,928 Posts
I doubt it, the 95 and later 200SX's had the updated 5th gear.

·
Registered
64 Posts
sr20speed said:
yes, G20t's had LSD in them. Compared to your stock nx2000 tranny, all the individual gear ratios are the same except 3rd gear, which is quite long(goes to about 100mph @7500 rpm). However all the gears are longer due to the longer final drive ratio.
here are the aproximate maximum speeds in each gear @7500rpm
1st ~40mph
2nd ~65mph
3rd ~100mph
4th ~124mph
5th pretty damn fast
hope that helps.
5th gear is about 159-162. I think. Don't ask questions.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
picked up tranny but seems like someone has opened it before. Has orange rtv all over it. That gets me worried. But as a freind said, As long as fifth gear is working you can swap it over.

·
6,928 Posts
ldaz said:
picked up tranny but seems like someone has opened it before. Has orange rtv all over it. That gets me worried. But as a freind said, As long as fifth gear is working you can swap it over.
Just FYI, nissan uses orange RTV so they know anouther nissan tech has worked on it. That is a good thing, probably the 5th gear kit.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
If fifth gear was revised in 95 and up. Why would they replace it. I'm just going to crack it open to see for my self. Oh by the way. The salvage yard has 2 classics 1 g20 and an nx2000 all with engines in them.

·
6,928 Posts
Dunno. Maybe something elce got replaced? Whatever it is, $100 is definatly worth it for the G20 tranny.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts