SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
just workin'
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently have gotten my hands on a 91 se-r with no rust and a couple minor dents, full bolt-ons & s4's that aren't installed yet, full es bushings, agx/hyperco combo. i have a decision to make about what to spend my first 2500 on. i can either put the stillen kit on and get it repainted, or boost it first and paint next winter after its off the road again. i will do all the engine work myself but will not touch the bodywork. i figure with selling the s4's i could have enough money to boost the car. i could also sell most of the bolt on's, hotshot gen 5, pr cai, 2 1/4 mandrel exh w/ magnaflow to recover some of the cost of the boost project. the clearcoat is faded in a few spots but no rust on doorjams or rear quarters, the only reason i am asking is because i plan on keeping the car for a long time, i don't usually care about show before go but i do want to preserve the car. any advice would be much appreciated, thanks
drew

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
my advice is boost it! booost booosttt boost! my car is ugly, i badly need paint body work and rims and suspension.. but the way i look at it what pises you off more

driving up in a sick looking car, people thinking your fast! racing them and loosing! than there laughing at you!

pulling up in a shitter looking car, while the dudes girlfriend is laughing at you and he thinkgs your kidding like hes on candid camera. because thier in a clean mustang gt ( :rolleyes: )... and then you blow thier doors off... and slow down to laugh at him while hes trying to explain to his girlfriend he wasnt really racing! now your laughing, and you can go home and still be happy with your car because it hauls asss...

its like that old saying its whats on the inside that counts!

come on now its a easy answer power before looks, or ddo it at 50/50 time.. both will pay off.. i just like to get the last laugh!

p.s i just got my first ride in a sr20det powerd car yesterday! the only word that comes to my mouth is damnfuckinamazinglysick!!!

my w11 avenir is almost fullly prepped to go in!

·
Professor Dingbat
5,543 Posts
I would say boost it. Since you own a classic SE-R, it pretty much says that you prefer performance over looks.

·
Registered
171 Posts
boost if you got the money

·
Registered
617 Posts
I also say boost it now, paint it later.......get your engine set up in and working first so you don't have to worry about the paintwork while doing the conversion.

If you paint it later on your paintwork will thank you for it! I've had some mechanical work done recently and the bl**dy mechanics have leaned all over my paintwork while doing the job, there are small scratches in the paint because of them. Of course, you're doing the conversion yourself so you can be more careful, but boost it first and you won't have to worry at all.

·
just workin'
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
pm me with a price nate, i am kinda leaning toward what every one is reccomending, BOOST!... i went for a ride in my friends g-ladder, fully built, corrado today and i got boost envy again, i think i will just boost it and shoot for june to be finished i guess, it will be more fun to collect parts than to wait for my body guy and painter to be ready, now the next thing anyone have a t28 for sale:)? or maybe a t25 at the right price(nate), lol.

·
On Vacation
3,821 Posts
FastNX said:
I would say boost it. Since you own a classic SE-R, it pretty much says that you prefer performance over looks.
Are you trying to say that the Classic is ugly???
Boost it and DO NOT SELL THE S4s!!!!

Manny

·
Coropate greed hater
4,044 Posts
Boost baby!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts