1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jay's timeslip without NOS:

Jay's timeslip with NOS:

Direct from Jay's site:

"AEBS 4-1 Header NICE push in torque curve, car much more eager to rev. Good bang for the buck Excellent construction
2.5" Cat back. Yes I am currently experimenting with a variety of mufflers and will report back what works best. The 2.5" exhaust is a must if you plan on running nitrous oxide.
Place Racing Cold air intake. Yes Got it in, and it works. The fit and finish was horrible. I had to make some vacuum lines and what not fit. The fittings are about 1" too high, and the overall fit is very tight. The performance is good, with a nice growl.
Unorthodox Underdrive Pulleys Don't expect to "feel" this mod. The power gain is linear and smooth. But it's gravy on top of all other mods.
JWT ECU I already had my timing advanced, so the HP gain was minimal. However, it does greatly improve the throttle response, and eliminates the speed limiter and raises the rev limit.
NOS 50 Shot wtih JWT NOS module. Yes Love it! The SR20DE was built with boost (chemical or otherwise) in mind. The car just wakes right up. (see time slip above)
JWT Cams Yes Worth every penny. The car now has a soul above 6500rpm and pulls right to 7700rpm with not one single hp lost on the bottom end. It's what Nissan should have put in there in the first place.
Ground Control adjustable coil over suspension Yes I have spring rate of 325F 250R. Stock is 150/100. The ride is much better then I was expecting. The adjustability is unreal, the car is now FLAT when cornering. They are a little "noisy" over small bumps though. Highly recommended.
KYB AGX adjustable struts. Yes Great struts for the money. KYB makes the same strut for GAB. GAB charges twice as much. You tell me why you should buy GAB's?
Place Racing solid motor mounts. Yes Greatly improved throttle response, almost eliminated wheel hop, and stiffened up the front chassis very much. ~Buzzy~ as hell.

AutoMeter Monster Tach

Yes Nice piece, and it mounted very nice in the bottom corner of the A-Pillar/Left corner of the dash. My stock tach was off almost 400 rpm!! The stock tach shows 8100 at fuel cut. JWT programmed 7700.
A.C.T. Clutch Yes Welp, I went with the ACT organic street/strip disk. I love it so far. It's a little stiff but not so much to be a pain in the ass. The pedal travel is perfect! The organic disk is made with top quality parts and fasteners. The friction surface is about 1/3 the area of the stock disc, which means higher clamping pressure. (Less area = more force) "

------------------
Jordan White (Stormy)
'98 SE(R) w/ HS CAI, HS G3 Header, Custom 2.25" Exhaust, JWT s4 Cams, UR Pulleys (NI), KYB AGX's, Eibach Sportlines, Courtesy STB's, ES Mounts & shifter bushing, PWST X-Drilled Rotors w/ Axxis MM Pads, 17" Borbet Type S's w/ 205/40 Kumhos, Nis-Knacks goodies

[This message has been edited by Storm88000 (edited 05-25-2001).]

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dunno. I'm not sure a B13 with those mods and him driving would do any better or worse. I think once you start to get that many mods the differences don't mean much anymore. Another factor in Jay's times are that hes a great driver.
1.9 60' foot with bolt ons!

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Storm88000:
Actually I dont think they were on slicks. His website makes no mention of them. </font>
Slicks: http://www.se-r-list.org/archives/1999/1999-10/msg01270.html

"This is the first time dragging a FWD with slicks so I took some time and dialed them in."

FWIW, my car did a 14.5 -- I had the same mods as Jay but was on street tires and stock cams.

So Jay's 14.1 is impressive (same with the 13.1 w. NOS) but that doesn't prove those luxo-barges are any better than a B13.

------------------
'93 Sentra SE-R, daily driver and track/autox toy
'91 Sentra SE-R, future racecar

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
But remember, when Jay hit this time (the 14.1) he was on the brakes at the traps so he wouldn't break out. As he even said, the car was on its way to 13.9X, but he hit the brakes......

------------------
David
'98 Super Black SE w/stuff

·
En mi barrio..
1,588 Posts
Ok Storm, take some time to mover your lips off Jays ass and think for a minute. Does or can your car run thoses times? I think ya'll should stop worring about other people and do your own thing. I think there was some work done to Jay's engine to run that 13.1, but you know what? I don't care!

And another thing Jay said that QuickSER couldn't be running 12.5's or all over the mid 12's with a stock GTi-R engine on street tires!! But you know what, he does.

------------------

Aint nobody dope as me, i'm just so fresh and clean
paradiseracing.homestead.com/home.html

G

·
0 Posts
Mr. Storm how about your times you seem to have almost the same mods. Are you anywhere close to his times.

G

·
0 Posts
Awww, poor B13 owners are getting pissy because of Jay's fast B14. But don't jump the gun, because it's all fairy tales until Car and Driver tests it
. It just makes sense that a modded B14 (at least the 95-97) will be comparable to a modded B13. Same powerplant, similar weight. You guys wanted proof and he gave it to you.

G

·
0 Posts
I like all SERs. One of the fastest SERs I saw was here in FL. from pacific performance and it was a B14. it ran 9s. My B13 is still kicking ass with a stock Jspec turbo motor. That's 12s on a good or bad day. At gainesville i slowed down in 4th gear an ran you wonderful 13.1.

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sr20 B12:
Ok Storm, take some time to mover your lips off Jays ass and think for a minute. Does or can your car run thoses times? I think ya'll should stop worring about other people and do your own thing. I think there was some work done to Jay's engine to run that 13.1, but you know what? I don't care!
</font>

I think you should understand the reason I posted that before you say I'm kissing anyones ass. QuickSER came in here bitching about how theres no way a SE-R can run those times, and I proved him wrong. So shutup.

·
JordanWhiteMusic.com
4,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by slowSER:
FWIW, my car did a 14.5 -- I had the same mods as Jay but was on street tires and stock cams.

So Jay's 14.1 is impressive (same with the 13.1 w. NOS) but that doesn't prove those luxo-barges are any better than a B13.

</font>
I stand corrected

Hey watch it or George is gonna put the B14 smack-down on you

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Limited Slip:
the thing is, do you think JAY can get comparable or even better times running the exact same set-up on a B13?</font>
He would be faster in a B13.

------------------
'93 Sentra SE-R, daily driver and track/autox toy
'91 Sentra SE-R, future racecar

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Storm88000:
Jay's timeslip without NOS:

Jay's timeslip with NOS:

"]http://www.connecticutwebdesign.com/personal/images2/13-1slip.JPG[/IMG][/url]

</font>