SR20 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The talk about the toda cams in the other thread prompted me to head over to the toda site to see what they had. They seem to make some serious stuff for our motor. Camshafts with 304 degrees of duration and 13mm of lift. Anyone have any experience with toda products besides the guy who layed down 141whp with their 256's? They also sell complete race motors. Unfortunately they are not available in the US.

------------------
97 Super Black 200sx SE-R
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU, Stillen FSB, Courtesy RSB, V-Racing Buzz seat with custom seat bracket, JUN CAMS (264's 10.5mm lift)

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, but you will be when I lay the smack down on your s3's.

------------------
Hotshot CAI, custom 2.5" catback with dynomax super turbo muffler, Hotshot header, UR pulleys (2 set), JWT ECU, Stillen FSB, Courtesy RSB, V-Racing Buzz seat with custom seat bracket, JUN CAMS (264's 10.5mm lift)

·
Registered
513 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 97 Black SER:
Anyone have any experience with toda products besides the guy who layed down 141whp with their 256's? </font>
You're thinking of the Tomei Cams, not the Toda

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2"> Unfortunately they are not available in the US.
</font>
C'mon Ryan, I told you that I plan on getting a pair of their 272's probably. You can definitely get them in the US. Everything offered on Todaracing.com can be. It's a distributor out in CA. Sean, aka Soupaflie, currently has their 264's on order. Hopefully he'll get some good results so I feel confident in my future investment. Apparently all cams are safe for NA and
Turbo.

I think what is most interesting is their "N2" racing cams. These are for "moderate setups only" with the 272 and below for "mild" setups. You gotta wonder how these things idle!!! haha

------------------
Kevin
93 Ruby Pearl Classic
w/ advanced timing & Stillen POP

[This message has been edited by kpw97 (edited 09-23-2001).]

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
They also sell complete race motors. Unfortunately they are not available in the US.

</font>
I have the pic of their N2 race engine as my background. I would love to have the ITB set-up from that engine.

Probably 2 more weeks on the cams yet

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Whoops my bad about the Tomei mixup. Yeah, JUN cams are very expensive and not worth the money. Do you have nothing better to do than bitch about a 150 dollar price difference? We're not talking about a shitload of money and its getting annoying when thats all people talk about when something is mentioned. If you're so concerned about money, get a fricken honda insight and shut up. What is matt going to say if I beat him, "haha, you may have beaten me but you spend 150 dollars more on your camshafts"

------------------

·
Registered
756 Posts
Whoops my bad about the Tomei mixup. Yeah, JUN cams are very expensive and not worth the money. Do you have nothing better to do than bitch about a 150 dollar price difference? We're not talking about a shitload of money and its getting annoying when thats all people talk about when something is mentioned. If you're so concerned about money, get a fricken honda insight and shut up. What is matt going to say if I beat him, "haha, you may have beaten me but you spend 150 dollars more on your camshafts"

</font>
When are you going to dyno? I want to see how much more power you are making than s3's!

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
December or early January. I'd love to do it earlier but I'm at school and don't have my car with me.

------------------

·
Air filter cleaner masta
4,218 Posts
hey ryan,
the honda insight is very expensive. Like 27 grand or somethin. So honda isnt cheap. But it is funny to see them get beat.

Hehe
Mark Merliss

·
former pulsar car whore
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You want a place to stay for the boston meet or what.

------------------

·
1998ccs of fury
5,489 Posts
What is matt going to say if I beat him, "haha, you may have beaten me but you spend 150 dollars more on your camshafts"
</font>
No, I'm going to say "Nice job. My cams came with the car when I bought it, so I've chosen to leave well enough alone until I go with a VVL or GTi-R." :p

1 - 14 of 14 Posts