SR20 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I notice most people recomend the Tokico struts for the Sentra but what about their suspension kit with springs? How is the ride? How much does it lower it? Is there a bottoming out problem? Thanks for any infomation and opinions.

Sam
new owner of a 91 SE-R

·
Low flying black object
669 Posts
Who are those "most" people..? I think they suck ass..after 2 months I had Tokicos that blew..if you want goos struts/shocks.get KYB AGX's.

------------------
Brad B. 96 SE-R
PR CAI,HS Gen 4,GReddy Catback, ACT,ES motor mnts,1.8 dropw/AGX's,F&R STB's,17deg timing,91 intake cam,NGK wires,205/40/17 Kumho 712's,SMC short shifter,Royal Purple synthetics..AND A VANILLA AIR FRESHENER!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, guess I should say "some" instead of "most". I got this info from some quick internet searching.

Anyway, do the AGX work with ABS cars? What do they retail for? Is the ride harsh on the lower settings?

·
8,148 Posts
Let me tell you what sucks about Tociko. They make stock struts for Nissans. Their HP's are OE replacements but do not have the ABS bracket on it. What a waste. KYB's do. The AGX is a sweet strut. I hate Tocikos as much as I hate Centerforce. If you want to get Tocikos go ahead but for the price I would recommend KYB AGX's. I have mine set on 2-2. KYB is king of OE replacement struts. hell, I hear GR2's last longer than Tociko HP's. Even if Tociko decided to make an adjustable strut for the B13 I would not buy it because of their shitty customer service. They had their chance and got caught sleeping. In a nutshell...**** TOCIKO!!!!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the advice. Looks like I will get some AGXs. What I would really like is some Bilsteins but looks like they are not available for the SE-R.

So what all should I change when putting in the Sturts and springs. I am trying to keep this car as low budget as possible but I will replace stuff that is usually worn at 100k miles. Do bushings last on these cars? Ball Joints? Strut top components? Thanks again for all the help.

Sam
http://www.clemson.edu/~sshartz/

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I checked out Dave turner motorsports and he gave me a quote of 339 w/o shipping yet for the b13...which is pretty good too.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are the AGX's shortned? If not you will lose suspension travel when you put shorter than stock springs on your ride. Less travel = bumpy ride.

just my $0.02

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RedRacer:
Are the AGX's shortned? If not you will lose suspension travel when you put shorter than stock springs on your ride. Less travel = bumpy ride.

just my $0.02
</font>
I replaced my bumpstops with KYB Bumpstops. they are set on 2 all the way around. Not bumpy at all.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pretty White:
Originally posted by RedRacer:

just my $0.02
</font>
I replaced my bumpstops with KYB Bumpstops. they are set on 2 all the way around. Not bumpy at all.

If your bumpstops are the poly ones you might be bottoming out on big bumps and just don't know it. In any case, glad to hear you're happy with them. What I said was just a rule of thumb. Peace out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts