SR20 Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
ClamSlut
5,043 Posts
PULSSSAR said:
I've recently discovered that Tomei ship both sets of dowel pins with the CAMS that you purchase. neato.
Intresting. I didn't know that. When you get 'em, can you confirm this?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
to be honest i think the 260 / 12 would be fine. You could go 270 but it's going to start getting a bit crazy.

I trust your doing headwork too? to support the new cams?

I decided to order the 260 / 12s too...

James

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well I am getting the manifold ports matched and the valve seats done, that about it really as there isnt too much worthwhile u can really do with the GTi-R head from the research I have done into airflow etc.

I also heard that the lower duration of the 260 cam over the 270 will give better lowdown torque. Overall bhp figures dont bother me too much as long as it pulls well. Will be running GTi-R RNN14 spec Tomei springs with normal retainers. The rest is staying how it is, I aint rich otherwise I would have just brought a Tomei Head!!

L8r

Nad

·
Registered
1 Posts
Im trying to figure out which Tomei Cams to order from japan for my BB det.

poncam / procam, and which engine for... I know what specs I want, I'm looking at the 260' / 11.2mm or 12mm but Im wondering which ones will actually fit in the motor?

The RWD (s13/14) cams apparently dont fit properly, or require modifications? I think Tomei list cams for a primera sr20de setup (front drive) are these the cams to buy?

can someone please help me out with which ones to order? Or perhaps what did you order...

Thanks
Hey bud, did you find the answer on the tomei poncams, on which to order for fwd...

21 - 25 of 25 Posts