SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys and Gals,

Tomorrow is the day I start my engine swap and turbo installation, it looks like I'm in this alone, so I'm giving myself 7 days to do this. I'm alittle nervous as I have never done a swap of any sort before so it should be interesting. Don't mind me if I come on here to blow off some steam because I'm sure I will. I have all the air tools I need and a hoist so I think it should be ok(knock on wood). I'll keep everyone up to date on how it is going. Wish me luck!

-T

edit: I do have a FSM so that should help!

·
<>< Jesus is the Answer
5,518 Posts
nice! good luck! if you need any help on the swap let me know. ive done a de to de before so i might be able to help out a little.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Good luck man. I remember being in your shoes a couple of summers ago. I didn't have air tools though. Would have been nice. Hope the swap will be a good experience for you like it was for me.

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
im on day two with the engine still in the car! lol i have learned my lesson! remove the trany with the motor... me like a dumbbb ass i tried to remove the engine while keeping the tranny in the car! big mistake its almost impossible.. some people say its easy but i think there lying lol.

·
Keeping It Real
637 Posts
Good luck man! I can't wait till I get my ride back. Definitely post pics and installation stuff when you can. :)

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I'm about an hour or so from having my engine out, but i'm also pressing in mounts and replacing lot of switches and stuff, I also spent half a day trying to to get the fill/drain plug off the tranny..what a PITA..the mounts are going great, all I gotta say is air hammer eliminates the need to burn out the rubber, 5 minutes everything is out. saturday I have hoist and hopefully I'll be up on sunday.

btw: I ordered my high port de from soko on monday and it was at the terminal the next day, not to mention this engine looks nice!

·
pimpin since 03!
1,348 Posts
yea where do you fill up the tranny at? where is this plug you speak of?

·
BTCC VE Power
5,151 Posts
about the drain plug... you use a 1/2 breaker bar with no socket on it... also cut up a pepsi can and stick some slivers in there and that might help... also a nice cheater bar on that breaker bar will help too

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Witt19 said:
its not too bad :) , and bolting on the turbo stuff is pretty easy, adn you already got the ic piping made :D

btw, u get downpipe and stuff yet?
yea I got the dp BUT i can't put the turbo on yet because mr robbers stole jgy's tools to make the oil line kit i bought so......... i'm going to be running jwt comp w/o turbo, yay!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts