SR20 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Whats up gang!

Well, went to the track tonight for the 2nd time in as many weeks and wanted to test my new JWT ECU. I ran a best 9.68 and destroyed my stock clutch with only 62,000 miles on the clock!

Here are my numbers from the best run of 6, they went down hill after the clutch started to go until it just blew apart on the 6th run!

Got to whoop some 92 Mustang GT and 88 Z28 with a 350 ASS! Yeah baby!!!!! :D

Reaction--- .460
60ft------- 2.223
1/8th------ 9.680
MPH-------- 71.99

Remember, major wheel hop, 205/40/17 front streets, and broken bolt in head! HAHAHA! I cant wait for turbo! I learned how to react a lot better by my 3rd run, .198. I should still be running faster than that though, maybe 9.4 . Looks like a new ACT PP and 6-puck clutch are in order. May let it sit until the DET comes in, dont want to do the job twice! The bad thing is I have to feather the clutch to keep from hopping the wheels all over and doing that destroyed my clutch! Ahhh, the joys of racing! I love it!

:mad: :D

·
Registered
765 Posts
that is sweet, thats like a high 14 - 15 flat run.

i was pullin 9.7s last week im about to head to the track in an hour.. its midnight - 4 am :)
ill let u know how shitty i do haha

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, definitely let me know how you do! I think we are running pretty close, anxious to see how good you do! Good luck! :D

·
Registered
765 Posts
just got back from the track.. my ****in clutch is starting to slip! :eek: it was only replaced like a year ago with JWT pressure plate.. sigh

anyways I ran witha full tank of gas & forgot to remove the spare/jack but got better times than last week

I was running in the 9.6's and 9.7s pretty consistently.
Here is one of my timeslips the rest are in the car:

60ft: 2.173
1/8th: 9.658
trapspeed: 71.674

Some of my other slips were better.. alot of my trapspeeds were in the 72mph range. Looks like we are running pretty close which we should.. coz we have similar mods :)

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
That is SWEET Plano! Im gonna take a road trip so we can do battle! That would be a hell of a race! :D I am thinking of getting a lightened flywheel since I will have the **** apart anyway. I know I need the ES inserts to get that damn wheel hop to go away. I would also like the KYB AGX setup, but not sure if I can go all out, since I have to shell out much mula for the DET!

Great job man, you ought to come here and run, they have drums of 118 octane you cna use before you run, good ****! Later!

·
Registered
765 Posts
yay i adjusted my clutch and it's not slipping anymore. Also, I got some lightass Rota C8s.. man the car feels alot quicker with those things on. Next week I'm aiming for 9.5s :)

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wednesday is the last test and tune run for the season at Ohio Valley, sux! I may try to get stuff dont before then but its looking doubtful!

I am beginning to think these frigin 17's are junk, might go back to stock rims or some light 16's! ARGH! I guess once the DET is in, it really wont matter too much! Decisions, decisions! :D

·
Registered
765 Posts
when u run at the track, put ur stock 15"s on the front wheels b/c theyre lighter and slightly smaller circumference for better gearing

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah I thought of that, one problem..... sold them! :(

I can go grad some from a local yard or something though with bald ass tires on there for a little more grip! I wish I had not sold them now, frigin pain the butt tryign to get locked on take off!

·
Registered
765 Posts
hey, funny you should say that coz I still have my stockers.. 2 of the tires are completely bald and unsafe to drive on, but the other 2 are perfect for racing. They have Kumho 712s on there.. I'll sell you all 4 for 250+shipping :) lemme know

I have 3 sets of rims/tires and need to start cleaning out the garage hehe

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Oh yeah?? Hmmmmm! Well, let me see what its gonna cost me for the ACT clutch setup, a buddy here with a DET'ed classic has a friend who owns a shop that can get the 6-puck for like 80 bucks and not sure about the HD PP, maybe 180. I f those prices are true then I will get those rims from you!

By the way, what part of TX is Plano? Might be in for a NICE road trip! HEHE! :D Later!

·
Registered
765 Posts
That sounds like a nice clutch setup and good deals too. Plano is a Suburb of Dallas. You should come down and hang out with us.. we have a buncha SE-R guys in the area that like to get together.. Vince and James have a shop up in Denton (Throttle Position Motorsports) they do good work for good rates :D

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That definitely sounds like a plan! Im gonna see how long it takes for the clutch set to arrive once I order it, hopefully it will be in my hands by the end of this week! :D

·
Registered
765 Posts
Yeah, Plano is so ghetto.. u dont wanna roll through the streets of Plano at night.. coz u might get shot in a driveby or somethin like that :eek:

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Is that right? :(

Tell you what I wont roll into Plano if you dont come here and roll down to 35th and Broadway, also known as Portland, revving your cars! :D

I tell you what if you hit a red light, run that bitch! LOL!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts