SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ben Moses came over tonight and helped me work on the NX for a few hours. We made a LOT of progress. Check out the pics:

http://laf.cioe.com/~benbobbo/nx051701

Looks like we'll reuse the radiator support. It is welded to the inner fenders as well as nastily to the lower frame so that's really beyond my ability to remove and replace. As you can see it's shaping up pretty well. We got the poor radiator out. It is toast. Though the core would be reusable to like sell to a radiator place. Don't think so. The AC condensor is bent pretty bad, but not beyond working condition. The header has a tiny tiny dent in one of the primaries, barely noticable whatsoever. I removed the AIV **** to get the radiator and fans out. The driver's side fan was reusable. The passenger side one is most likely not usable.

We ran the car for like 60 seconds with the radiator out and the AIV inlet rubber hose pinched off so not to gas ourselves. Purrs like a kitten. Could even drive it around for a short while until it would start to flow coolant if we wanted. Got the stock rims on and Ben took the aftermarket ones cuz he bought them for his car. Almost got the fender off. Got 2-3 more screws I think underneath. Ben got about half the upper bumper off. That bodywork is a BITCH. Remind me never to work in a bodyshop. Ugh. I'll swap trannies, motors, and shortshifters all day to avoid doing NX front ends. bleh

If I had the replacement parts, it would be very conceivable that I could have this thing up and running in a week with Ben's help. I don't think that will be the case however.

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO and crashed 93 NX2000

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Lookin good man. You work a hell of a lot harder than I do on my car!

Looking forward to seeing your track whore shape up.

------------------
Paul
'92 NX2000 w/ mods

·
8,148 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ben98SentraSE:
Ben Moses came over tonight and helped me work on the NX for a few hours. We made a LOT of progress. Check out the pics:

http://laf.cioe.com/~benbobbo/nx051701

Looks like we'll reuse the radiator support. It is welded to the inner fenders as well as nastily to the lower frame so that's really beyond my ability to remove and replace. As you can see it's shaping up pretty well. We got the poor radiator out. It is toast. Though the core would be reusable to like sell to a radiator place. Don't think so. The AC condensor is bent pretty bad, but not beyond working condition. The header has a tiny tiny dent in one of the primaries, barely noticable whatsoever. I removed the AIV **** to get the radiator and fans out. The driver's side fan was reusable. The passenger side one is most likely not usable.

We ran the car for like 60 seconds with the radiator out and the AIV inlet rubber hose pinched off so not to gas ourselves. Purrs like a kitten. Could even drive it around for a short while until it would start to flow coolant if we wanted. Got the stock rims on and Ben took the aftermarket ones cuz he bought them for his car. Almost got the fender off. Got 2-3 more screws I think underneath. Ben got about half the upper bumper off. That bodywork is a BITCH. Remind me never to work in a bodyshop. Ugh. I'll swap trannies, motors, and shortshifters all day to avoid doing NX front ends. bleh

If I had the replacement parts, it would be very conceivable that I could have this thing up and running in a week with Ben's help. I don't think that will be the case however.

</font>

Ben what kind of battery is that. I need a smaller one biut I want the power. I do not like the stretch that the Optima stretches the stock battery cables

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Pretty White:

Ben what kind of battery is that. I need a smaller one biut I want the power. I do not like the stretch that the Optima stretches the stock battery cables
</font>
That's a WestCo Miata battery. It's been talked about on the SE-R list a while back. Here's the URL to the website:

www.westcobattery.com/miata.htm

1 - 4 of 4 Posts