SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi:
I'm trying to get a little more rich AIR/FUEL mix because after I put a MSD 6T to my car I get lean readings in my AIR/FUEL METER and I'm running aslo with 60psi in GAS and no changes... Why that is happening and how I can solve this out?

I wish you can help me...

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
what kind of A/F sensor do you have? Unless you're using wideband, I wouldn't trust it too much.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm using an AUTO METER and I really don't know if is a wide band meter.
If you can explain me what is a wide band meter it will be good...

Thanks...

·
Like it or Don't Like it
1,084 Posts
Check your sparks and see what color they come out thats the best reading for lean/rich for me :)

if they are too white your lean (too much air) and if they are like coffe colored or a little tinted your running fine and if too dark too much gas (rich)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks DIGITECK:
I already check my spark plugs and they are really white (like new)
now I know that is lean but can you tell me why? because I have set the gas to 60psi and I don't see any changes in the plugs, they still white and the only way to get them like coffe brown is to shut the MSD6T and let the system stock. How I can still using my MSD6T but avoiding those lean situations on my engine?

I hope somebody help me soon... thanks...

p.s. I'm using cold spark plugs and I'm from PUERTO RICO too...

·
Like it or Don't Like it
1,084 Posts
Nitido de que pueblo eres. tienes msn messenger? me dejas un PM cualquier cosa.

Anyways back on subject 60 psi on fuel is way too much even if your shooting 75hp on NOS i used to shot that on my DE and gas was around 42-45psi and my car always tended to run real lean but just a little bit of color they had but very little so I would say take the car to 45psi and test it.

if your running a wet system you shouldn't worry about fuel if the jets are correctly made.

do you have a CAI? this tends to lean you a little more but I don't mind it no more if it keeps doing it I dont know we'll check the car if we meet some time. but if it runs good and no hesitation or problems forget about it for the moment.

Edrick

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks god...

I got an answer. Thanks DIGITEK... I can't wait to try my baby in Puerto Rico International Speedway. I already ran with some 13.5e/t guys and they don't looked so good at all, I hope to run a little quicker than that... So I will keep in touch to let you know...

Thanks...SEE'YA

1 - 9 of 9 Posts