SR20 Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is our production model available to the public. We have done some testing the it works great so far. We will be offering them with either a T2 or a T3 flange to suite the needs of the customer. As you can see here turbos mount up quite easily even the ones on the larger side of the spectrum. this is a great alternative for those looking to upgrade to a GT2871R without going through the added hassle of a bottom mount block shaving fiasco. The manifolds will be sold for 380.00 with or without a external wastegate port and flange. Ceramic coating is available for an additional fee. Please allow 2 week lead time for coated manifolds. Manifolds are made from Schedule 40 Stainless Steel 304L grade only. The turbine inlet flange is 3/4" thich allowing for a longer bolt to be used during install helping to prevent backing out from thermal expantion. Also the turbine flange is ported to allow for better flow from both ends of the manifold. We dont use any mild steel material even when we have a manifold coated for you to increase our profits, this allows your manifold not to completely rust over if you opt out of coating it. Only the best grade steel and assembly not the cheap Mass-Produced Asian manufactured quality that tends to lead to cracking. Manifold also come with a Limited Lifetime Warranty from us as well.

I forgot to mention that our manifolds are compatible with Protech Downpipes which also means that our downpipes will work with a Protech Log manfold.

Downpipes:
2.5" Aluminized Steel 300.00
3.0" Aluminized Steel 350.00
3.0" Stainless Steel 450.00

·
Banned
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Red200Se-R said:
looks good to me. however it seems as if the the flange is made of mild steel. I just made one of these. good times
good eyes. the header flange on this particular one is mild steel. the production ones are stainless head/turbo flanges with our logo etched onto the header flange

·
Banned
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yahnozha said:
You might want to split the header flange to allow for more expansion when it heats up. Similar to the GTiR header.
we cut through the bolt holes on the stainless flanges but not the mild steel. mild doesnt have the same extreme rate of expansion as stainless does

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
UDSM steel? I've never heard of that. Don't you mean ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials). You knock Asian materials but all asian materials have to meet or exceed ASTM Standards, or else they can not be sold in the United States.

China does sell cheap material, but when you're refering to metals that are made for the refinery and structural steel industry, they have to meet ASTM standards. Therefore, whether the material is made in this country or not they have to meet ASTM Standards. They are not prone to cracking except when the individual who is welding the material doesn't follow AWS specifications and standards.

You speak poorly of carbon steel, but carbon steel is extremely strong, or else they wouldn't use it as steam pipe. We've produced over 1000s of manifolds made from this material and not one has cracked.

As far as your product fitting ours, or ours yours, I would not guarantee that considering we are continuously improving our product. Which could change possitions and angles, as directed in accordance with ISO 9001 quality standard.

·
Banned
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
PSSSHHHGOESMYSR20 said:
UDSM steel? I've never heard of that. Don't you mean ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials). You knock Asian materials but all asian materials have to meet or exceed ASTM Standards, or else they can not be sold in the United States.

China does sell cheap material, but when you're refering to metals that are made for the refinery and structural steel industry, they have to meet ASTM standards. Therefore, whether the material is made in this country or not they have to meet ASTM Standards. They are not prone to cracking except when the individual who is welding the material doesn't follow AWS specifications and standards.

You speak poorly of carbon steel, but carbon steel is extremely strong, or else they wouldn't use it as steam pipe. We've produced over 1000s of manifolds made from this material and not one has cracked.

As far as your product fitting ours, or ours yours, I would not guarantee that considering we are continuously improving our product. Which could change possitions and angles, as directed in accordance with ISO 9001 quality standard.
your response is as if i am attacking your business or something. i apologize for any inconvenience we may have caused you today sorry about ruining your day. the reason i said that the downpipes are interchangeable is because some one provided us one and we tried it and guess what it did work so i stated that in my notes. honestly even changing your products placemet slightly with the flex pipe in tow usually provides enough room for error.

also when i stated usdm/astm it was mearly in an effort to distinguish that these manifolds are not made for the same inferior practices as a OBX style manifold. Since most individuals associate manifold with there origin on manufacture. Honestly with a response like this it makes me wonder if you are trying to be informative or just defensive.

either way the reason we do not use mild/carbon steel is not for strength purposes but to provide a customer with a manifold that will not rust completely over if they opt out of getting the more expensive coated version. i know mild is strong pretty sure everyone does but each has its own benefits. Not trying to step on your toes but i dont manufacture a product simply based on what the competition is doing more along the lines of what the customer wants and the markets demand for it. but once again thank you for your input we will make the proper corrections in order to stay inline with the most accurate terms of description

·
Jah Rastafari
7,677 Posts
PSSSHHHGOESMYSR20 said:

Just looking at that manifold I can tell you there is no way the Protech DP will fit that turbo.

The wastegate is facing the wrong way. The way you have that wastgate positioned it will be ery hard to get the DP bolted up to the wastegate.

From wate little I know about metal I can say that the stainless will crack before the carbon steel that Protech uses.

In the log manifild application stainless steel in my opinion has no advatage what so ever.

·
Jah Rastafari
7,677 Posts
The manifold you guys copied is a 1st gen Protech manifiold and that desugn is completely obsolete

·
Banned
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Andreas Miko said:
Just looking at that manifold I can tell you there is no way the Protech DP will fit that turbo.

The wastegate is facing the wrong way. The way you have that wastgate positioned it will be ery hard to get the DP bolted up to the wastegate.

From wate little I know about metal I can say that the stainless will crack before the carbon steel that Protech uses.

In the log manifild application stainless steel in my opinion has no advatage what so ever.
Im not going to get into a shouting match over this. when both myself and Will bolted up the DP and check. I also made a dump that cleared as well. As far as cracking carbon vs. stainless you are right but if that were the case people would not rely on their skills such as Full race ONE FAB DTR Six Sigma Racing BMC as well as many others alike to work in stainless vc carbon the majority of the time

·
Banned
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Andreas Miko said:
The manifold you guys copied is a 1st gen Protech manifiold and that desugn is completely obsolete
Wrong Sir. we never copied a manifold. Its not the difficult to make a log Manifold beleive it or not. Our manifold was made from scratch on the vehicle picctured above. The wastegate and turbine flanges were both placed before we ever tried to bolt up the downpipe. As a matter of fact look back when were first started posting pics of the log manifold about 2 months ago.

We do understand that both our manifold as well as a protech share similarities as well as differences.

·
Jah Rastafari
7,677 Posts
No one is shouting here but copying another companies design then undercutting them is just not right. These guys at Protech have been here for a while suporting us with great products.

The only way for your manifold to line up directly with theirs is a out right direct copy of one of Protechs older designed manifolds.

·
Jah Rastafari
7,677 Posts
Ok I will leave this subject alone.

GO PROTECH for your turbo manifold needs

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
We were not being defensive, we were being informative. More often than not, information that is put forth on this forum is not correct and therefore the customers that buy these products are being misinformed or mislead. We always search out our information before we make a statement. Your post was being misleading with the USDM comment which isn't even accurate, and attacking those companies who use other materials.

One reason companies are using stainless over carbon steel is due to the fact that stainless is cheaper to purchase over carbon steel, thanks to china consuming all the steel product. One of our concerns with people who use stainless do not use the proper techniques for welding stainless, such as proper cleaning of the materials, back purging, maintaining inner-pass temperatures etc. We know Full-Race and Love Fab perform these techniques, but we are unsure what procedures these other companies are utilizing.

Also FWIW, as far as stainless steel not rusting, all one has to do is scratch it with a piece of carbon steel on the car, and that spot is now contaminated and will corrode until the carbon steel has been completely removed.

Once again, not trying to flame anyone, just being informative.

PS You didn't ruin my day, but thank you for caring. :)

·
Hostile Aberration
4,820 Posts
Squabling like a bunch of school children. :squint:

More products for the consumers is good business. Ya'll can debate the similarities to death, as well as the products qualities. However, outright argueing on the forum makes you all look bad as vendors.

Attacking AD Fabrication in their thread, with outright slanderous remarks, unfounded by any hard facts, is ridiculous and immature.

Every time anybody comes up with a better, less expensive, or different mousetrap, are ya'll gonna claim "it's copied"? Only one company can make manifolds for an SR20?

Sheesh. Grow up guys, or take it to freakin' court. :rolleyes:

·
Banned
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
its cool Mike not trying to argue but you are right and most people dont back purge stainless welds. We do purge welds depending on what we are doing for a jig setup or prototype we do not for saving time. But for production we have the additional flowmeter as we as caps to do so. I have noticed as well that some companies do not clean weld area vey well. You can see it on the pipes in post weld pics the texture/color of the pipes shows it.

Protech makes great products, Miko sells great Product :biggthump Almost forgot about Cody :biggthump too

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.