G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many ft lbs when installing a header on my sr20? thanks

·
Registered
858 Posts
47 - 60 ft. lbs. put it at 50 to be safe afer the header heats up during a drive do the torquing. you should apply some permatex gasket maker on the gasket to make it leak proof.just a light coat on both sides of the gasket. it's an orange silicone sold at any auto parts store. good luck!

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header,nismo/centerforce dual fric.clutch,PR CAI,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex.,and a whole bunch of other goodies! boost is in the works ,hell yeah 3:16!

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">47 - 60 ft. lbs. put it at 50 to be safe </font>
I thought it was less than that. First get the primaries all lightly tightened, then go in order and torque to 27 ft lbs. I'm not sure about this next step. You either torque in order to 35 then go drive around, let cool, and retorque to 35 or just drive around and let cool then torque to 35. It is important to let the motor cool before retorqueing.
Then retorque to 35 again in a week or so, just to be safe.
My FSM is at home. Check se-r.net archives or FAQ for "header install tips"

Oh yea, the tightening sequence is in your FSM or Haynes manual or the install tips on se-r.net

[This message has been edited by jacen99SE (edited 03-08-2001).]

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
Initial tq too 27
drive a bit and tq to 35 when the engine is cool. should tq them again in a week or two.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts