SR20 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...I tried performing the TPS voltage adjustment as illustrated on www.se-r.net...cuz i was bored. I got a reading of .39V when the car was in the ON position at closed throttle..i then loosened the 2 screws, rotated the TPS as much as i could, and it only goes up to like .41V...after i did this, and screwed it back tight, and started the car, it was idling at like 1500 for a few hours and then it just magically went back down to the normal idle @ ~850rpm. My question...why did the idle **** up for a little while? was it the ECU adjusting to the new voltage? why can't i get it to go up to .45-.55V like SE-R.net says it's supposed to be? i feel like i'm going to break it if i turn it any harder..heh..

------------------
Aztec Red 1993 NX2000

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
The ECU needs to learn the new setting. the best way to do this is to start the car with the TPS disconnected, then connect it with the car running. As to why you can't get .45V, make sure the screws are loosened a good bit and try again.

------------------
Eric Waterman
1996 200SX SE-R
1997 200SX SE-R
1991 Sentra SE-R

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
I had the same problem with the voltage, could only get it to ~.4 or so. Didn't have any idle problems, so I can't help you there. We might need new sensors?

------------------
Matt
92 SE-R from Heck

"What have you DONE to that thing..." - stranger at Rockingham dragway 5/18/01
"Where's the turbo?" - stranger at the 1st autocross of 2000 where my SE-R debuted
"That thing is a goddamn rocket ship. I'm not lifting for you on the straights anymore!" -Karl Shultz, Rockingham 4/27/01
"What in the hell have you done since I drove it last?" -David Stone, Rockingham 4/27/01

·
Off-Topic lurker..
3,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i am afraid to unscrew the screws because the sensor is SO FREAKING HARD to unscrew from all the way down there...(high port)..i'm afraid they'll just fall...and fall...into the gravel, and i'll never see them again...

------------------
Aztec Red 1993 NX2000

1 - 5 of 5 Posts