SR20 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
LoSe-R
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW.. i cant tell how excited i am right now... i went to the track this weekend and met up with two dudes in nx's . i didnt even get to drive cause i didnt have money for the school but i did ride shotgun in an e21 bmw 323 and i rode in a vette with race tires!!! Some day i will have a really!!! fast car ... about 110 through a kink geeez what fun!!!!

·
LoSe-R
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was Carolina Motorsports Park, i belive you said that you were going to be an instructor next weekend for the z club. BTW, while i was thier, i heard alot about you! (geez i hope you are who i think you are!) i met two NX guys... cameron and ben, bens blue nx is awesome .. and camerons is soon to be.. they told me that you were at one of the track events they were at. They spoke highly of you, so ive really had fun recently but im gonna have to wait it out before i can race too cause its kinda hard working around my 16yr old 7 buck wages:eek: im gonna try to make it up to the autocross in winston salem this weekend.... that i can afford!!

·
/// God Speed! ///
1,917 Posts
Carolina Motorsports Park

Black 93 you said you went to Carolina MotorSports park, I believe that is where Concord Speedway is. Correct me if I am wrong. I believe they have a few tracks in that park. Also looking forward to having another SE-R at the auto-X this weekend.

Darren:)

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
Carolina Motorsports Park is a 2.2 mile road course in Kershaw, SC. It is not Lowe's Motor Speedway in Concord, NC.

Yep, I'll be there this coming weekend with Triangle Z club, so I'll be missing the Winston-Salem event. Save you dough and do the Spring event at VIR on the 2nd weekend in April next year.

·
LoSe-R
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
VIR i think that is gonna be a little too far for me... is it a weekend event? Well however long it is ill have to get a hotel so figure another couple hundred and there goes my plans for upgraded brakes :) Maybe once in my life ill get to VIR but ill have to stick with CMP and autocrosses for a while :D

·
/// God Speed! ///
1,917 Posts
Concord Speedway

I know of CMS but ouside of Concord there is a very high banked 1/2 mile track, Concord Speedway. Been there, they run Sat. nights. Late Models, Truck, Mini stock(4cyl). They also have a small track in this Motorsports Park that you can pay to run a number of laps in a race truck.

Darren

·
employment whiplash, NC
3,646 Posts
A couple hundred for a hotel?!? Dude, this is Danville VA, not the Waldorf Astoria in Manhattan. Find someone to split the room with and you'll spend $60 for hotel for the weekend. Or, pitch a tent and camp at the track. Its allowed at VIR.

Here's what you're looking at:
$225 entry fee
$100 brake pads (get some Carbotech Panther + pads for the stock calipers/rotors). And yes, you'll be very glad you spent that $100.
$50 in gas
$30 food
Maybe throw $5 in for a bottle of Valvoline synthetic brake fluid.

So for ~$450 +/- a few $$ you have an all expense paid weekend at the track. And it'll be the most fun you can have in your car with your clothes on I garuntee. If you thought riding along was fun.......

·
LoSe-R
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good point but i still have too wait and save up... when i work full time in the summer ill reconsider:D But while im poor its autocrossing all the way ! BTW tell me more about those pads , im not familiar with them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts