SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
91 SE-R
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running ES torque position motor mount inserts on my 91 Classic. I like them greatly, but have picked up 3 interior rattles that bug me.

The sound is a fast rattle/buzz, one from the under dash on the middle to right side (not the speedo cable area), and one each from inside each door. It is RPM specific, transmitted from the motor thru the inserts to the car. Normal driving RPM causes it, not present at idle or high RPM. Nothing like full stereo interior rattles to drive you crazy.

I'm going to try and track em down by pulling both door panels and going for a drive.

Anyone else already solved this and can you provide a quick fix??

Thanks much

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
I had a similar rattle, and it ended up being my keys. My headliner rattles at 4k right where the sunroof switch is also.

·
Registered
342 Posts
If it's when the motor's cold, check for exhaust leaks.
And empty out the glove box.

My grill is causing a vibe. Actually, the whole damn nose is loose. It'll drive you nuts :) Good luck, if you find one you'll soon get another. Keep wrenching man! :D

·
EVO-lishus
127 Posts
i got a slight rubber type squeak on the right rear somewhere in the suspension that i Cannot get rid of..almost sounds like somethings is loose..I took the entire shock/spring off, even put a light coat of white lithium grease on all the rubber bushings. put it together and its still there..:confused:

·
Registered
194 Posts
my glove box rattled, so i used a bunch of dynamat in there. my ashtrash with the change in it rattled, used dynamat there plus a little cloth. that took care of mine pretty much. the only thing left is the "droning" type of noise i experience in the 3.5-5000 rpm range.

bryan

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
doubt you will ever find the thing. rattles and buzzes are next to impossible to find correctly. ususaly after the stupid stuff, change and crap in glove box, its usualy something you cant pinpoint but wedging something somewhere will make it go away for a time. ive got a buzz behind my vents that happens when im getting on it and at rev....who knows.

·
now on the West side!
3,661 Posts
The only thing that really rattles noticably in my car, also dependant on RPM, is one of the glovebox hinges.

Weird thing is, it only goes away if i stuff the glovebox to the point i have to force it to close. anything less and it rattles like crazy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts