SR20 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
love the Florida sun!!
1,906 Posts
Have you tried adjusting the cable at all? What kind of sound is it?
rubbing, metal to metal , scraping? is it RPM related ? does it make noise when disengaging the pedal ?

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i tryed adjusting the clutch but i dont think that has anything to do, its like a grinding noise, but its smooth, when i press down on the clutch peadal the noise goes a way(i thought it was the release bearing hasint broke in yet mind you this is a new setup) but when i put it into first and drive it i here the noise spinning at low rpm though when i get on it the noise is non-existant, just curious wat it is/or could be
thanks

·
white91'Allmotor
394 Posts
Yeah I'm experiencing the same thing right now. I do have the same flywheel with a different clutch but I know it has nothing to do with it. It's not happening so much in 1st gear with me but all from 2nd to 4th gear that it's happening and yeah when u press on the clutch it goes away. Also when u put it in neutral(while the car rolls)it doesn't hapeen but it's only doing it when in gear. I can feel the grind on my shifter too. I don't think the noise is loud enough to be the gears grinding because if it was the gears the noise would be louder. I really can't think of anything but only that something is loose in the housing and when clutch is engage it's catching that something. So I would like some input also to what it could be so maybe I don't have to try another tranny yet though I do have 5th gear pop out.

·
Registered
110 Posts
hey guys, i can rebuild your trannys if your input saft bearings are bad.. i had the same prob and rebuilt mine... its a pain but i can do it...

you can tell its bad if you have shaft play when you can move it side to side

dealer only parts...

input shaft bearing 70 bucks give or take
input shaft seal 20 or so
dealer parts

i do not work for a shop, but i do take my time and do quality work

ben...

for the 5th gear pop out, never had this prob.. i got a g20, but im sure i could replace that bad part too...

ben

·
Registered
257 Posts
When i put in my new clutch, which was a six puck with a heavy duty pp, i had a similar problem. It was a very weird one. When i started it up for the first time it started making a metal on metal grinding noise. When the clutch pedal was pushed it you could barely hear it. Well i took it to my mechanic and he took everything apart and said that the pp i had had some kind of clearance issues with my flywheel and when the car is in gear the pp would grind on the flywheel somehow. I don't know if this is your problem because it seems very rare, but i though i would add my two cents.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts