SR20 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
VE powered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In preparation for my Quaife install I opened up my replacement tranny ('95 tranny I got from the junkyard) and found inside what looks to be some type of baffle plate that wraps about 90 degrees around the mainshaft.

It's made out of a light green plastic and measures about 10 inches high and about 6 inches wide. Anybody know what I'm talking about? Anyhow, I'm looking thru my '91 FSM and, as far as I can tell, this piece of plastic is not mentioned anywhere.

What I find interesting is that it is loose and isn't held in place by a screw or bolt... but rather by the two halves of the tranny case when the case is re-assembled. I'll probably use a couple dabs of sealant to hold it in place when I put the case back together.

Steve

[This message has been edited by autoxer7 (edited 09-06-2001).]

·
VE powered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">

What I find interesting is that it is loose and isn't held in place by a screw or bolt... but rather by the two halves of the tranny case when the case is re-assembled.
</font>
Turns out this baffle plate clips into the other half of the case... the half of the case that doesn't have the final drive gear.

Steve

·
Registered
249 Posts
the peice of plastic you are talking about actually redirects the flow of oil in the tranny. (don't remove or forget to put it in)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts