SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive noticed that on both mine, and my brothers car, it leaks tranny fluid down the bottom of the tranny and it drips off that metal seal/gasket between then tranny and the engine. i tried to find where it begins to drip from, but it like starts farther up the engine and drips down. I cant figure out anything! help!!! and im almost positive we tightened the tranny bolts down has hard as we could.

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Did you use teflon tape on the fill and drain plugs? Did you repalce the axle seals? Did you replace the neutral and reverse switches? Did you replace the striker rod seal (aka shift rod)? Those are all possible leak sources. If you've had violent wheel hop in the past then you might want to check for a cracked case also.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it seems like the leak starts somewhere towards the top of the tranny where the engine and tranny meet. it drips off the bottom of that metal seal between engine and tranny. it drips like crazy, everytime i go somewhere i get out and check it and its always dripping.....

·
I lika da turns
710 Posts
Not to jack this thread but mine drips too. It either is coming from the line seperating the two halfs of the tranny (even though the bolts are tight) or from on of the electrical connectors that are going into the tranny itself. Are these "connectors" or wires that are going in the reverse and/or neutral switches? Are they hard to replace or how do I tighten them down? Thanks as usual.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
where are these "connectors" and reverse neutral switches located on the tranny? the thing i dont understand is that where the fluid is leaking down where the tranny meets the engine, no oil should be in that part of the transmission, right??

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think that my fluid isnt leaking out of the tranny. I think its leaking out of the driver side axle seal and dripping off the bottom where the tranny meets the engine. does that sound like a possible explanation? I havent gotten to jack up the car and take a look at it, but I was thinking about it, and I replaced me passenger side axle seal, but i never replaced my driver side. and it seems that after ive taken the axles out, and put them back it, they need to be replaced.

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Um yeah thats one of the things I asked you about above lol :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts