SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what kinda of power can our trannys hold without going BOOM...since i heard our trannys are pretty weak?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OOooo...look at all those responses...gotta love you people!!...maybe i'll just check SE-R.net

·
Registered
858 Posts
I don't know where you heard this but nissan trannies usually don't go bad unless you race with worn mounts like I once did. I've also seen 300 and more hp se-r's running the same stock trannies just with better mounts pop!

------------------
91 SE-R,10:1 comp.pistons,balanced &blueprint rebuild.comp.4angle valve job,extrude honed heads/intake manifold,No emissions.crap,RC TB/MAF,nismo cams,UR pulleys,stillen4-1 ceram.header,nismo/centerforce dual fric.clutch,PR CAI,2 1/2 test pipe,mandrel 2 1/4 superturbo ex.,and a whole bunch of other goodies! boost is in the works ,hell yeah 3:16!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Actually, the stock trannies can hold 240-250 hp. How long it will last at these figures varies. 3rd gear is the weak link on our trannies. Most of the trannies that have blown have been on High HP Turbocharged SR20's. I blew my original tranny with 239hp & 289ft/lbs with 98000 miles on the stock tranny. I had been squeezing (100 shot) on the motor/tranny since 50000 miles. I averaged 4-5 bottles per week. You might also want to check this forum under Turbo Forum and I believe General Forum. This topic has come up more than once. You can also try the SE-R.Net Archives.

------------------
Louis Anaya 1992 Sentra SE-R
13.6 @ 111 mph, Bluebird SR20DET w/ GTiR Pistons,T3/T04E,Deltagate Wastegate (9 PSI) FMAX Manifold, RevHard FMIC, JWT S3 Cams, JWT Ported & Polished Head, 1996 200SX SE-R Welded & Cyro Treated Tranny, ACT Xtreme P/PL & 6 Puck Disc, Cobra MAF, JWT ECU w/ 4 Bar Fuel Program, MSD 50lb/hr Injectors, JWT Fuel Rail, 300ZXTT Fuel Pump, AeroMotive Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, Greddy Type "R" BOV, Greddy Profec B, Greddy Boost & EGT Guages, UR 4 Pulley Kit, Powerslot Rotors, Axxis MM Brake Pads, ES Motor Mounts, Topspeed Short Shifter, Momo Cobra Shift Knob, KYB AGX Struts, GC Coilovers (350F/600R)& 17x7 White Tenzo Shu-4's w/ Kuhmo 205/40/ZR17 Tires

G

·
My brother has a 91 Classic "on the bottle" and he scattered his stock trans(he had an ACT 6-puck clutch BTW)at around 300HP....He claims the stock clutch is good up to about 225-250hp, then you're really pushing your luck. My Classic is just stock...The only upgrades are an ignition system and a "hogged out" airbox, so I wouldn't know what the clutch can handle
hope this helps..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts