SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has left the pass side axle in place when they have removed a tranny? I 'm trying to take mine out and I took out the drivers side axle and left the pass side in place. I thought I would just be able to slide the tranny toward the driver side and slide it off the axle. It popped out a tiny bit because some fluid came out but other than that I can't get it to move anymore.

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
remove the 3 bolts on the carrier bearing, and remove the strut bolts and pull the axle out of the transmission.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't want to pull the axle off. I know how to do that. I want to pull the tranny out and leave the pass side axle in place.

·
355 Posts
if i remember correctly, you can take the trans out without removing either of the axles. for the passenger axle you just hafta unbolt the cast iron axle mount that bolts onto the back of the block

·
Registered
159 Posts
classicred said:
I don't want to pull the axle off. I know how to do that. I want to pull the tranny out and leave the pass side axle in place.

I've done it acouple of times. you most have forgotten a bolt somewhere.double check that you have all the bolts out.
It can be done I and many people on this board have proven it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts