SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Drive it like ya stole it
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever swapped the 200SX SE-R tranny into the classic? Is it the same transmission? Except with the updated 5-th gear? Anyone know? Is it very hard? Is the transmission as bullet-proof(except for the 5-th gear?)

------------------
Got 5-th gear pop-out problem?(FROM TalkingEAR) http://www.petitiononline.com/44ndone/
Damn it...I want an SE-R...NOW I HAVE ONE!! Bone Stock though...: (

·
Premium Member
9,405 Posts
They are the same tranny. The only difference is the speedometer gear. If you have a '91 or '92, you need your old one, but if you have a '93 or '94, then the 200SX one will work. I remember someone saying that a guide pin on the B13 tranny was now on the B14 block, but that's any easy fix, just compare the pins between trannies. The B14 also had a sensor hole that needs to be plugged up, but you can use a small piece of metal. As far was gear ratios, mounts and axles, they are all the same.

·
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by eric96ser:
They are the same tranny. The only difference is the speedometer gear. If you have a '91 or '92, you need your old one, but if you have a '93 or '94, then the 200SX one will work. I remember someone saying that a guide pin on the B13 tranny was now on the B14 block, but that's any easy fix, just compare the pins between trannies. The B14 also had a sensor hole that needs to be plugged up, but you can use a small piece of metal. As far was gear ratios, mounts and axles, they are all the same.</font>
What sensor is that? Do you know? I'm sorry..whats a guide pen?

------------------
Got 5-th gear pop-out problem?(FROM TalkingEAR) http://www.petitiononline.com/44ndone/
Damn it...I want an SE-R...NOW I HAVE ONE!! Bone Stock though...: (

·
6,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is the transmission case any less apt. to cracking?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts