SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 se-r auto. And i am looking to a tranny swap. how much would that cost me. Would it be easier to do a engine/tranny swap. Im thinkin gettin a JDM sr20 but not sure bout money and stuff. thanks
Dan

·
Registered
118 Posts
well, I asked at a shop and the gey said that he would guess about $1k just for labor, so I guess the rest all depends on how ceap you can find parts.

------------------
95 200SX SE-R Automatic, JDM Roller Engine(B15), PR CAI, Topspeed muffler.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Oh, that was just for an auto to a manual swap, not the engine too.

------------------
95 200SX SE-R Automatic, JDM Roller Engine(B15), PR CAI, Topspeed muffler.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Auto to manual swap isnt easy. People have done it but I personaly wouldnt recomend it. Its going to cost you no less than 500 bucks for a tranny problay. Then more if it needs to be rebuilt(5th pop out etc.). Pretty sure you will need a new ECU and TPS since the TPS is different on the auto, dont know if it would affect anything or not, but it is different. Then you gota think of the small stuff. The peddals, shifter, shifter boot and ring, linkage, front motor mount mount, dog bone, cross member. I dont know if the axles are the same or not tho. Then the labor of doing it is a real pain.

The best bet is to instead of spending the 1500+ on the swap just go find a beater of some sort. Eric found a classic for like 500 bucks. Say 1000 for a new car, 1000 in mods+fixes, possibly new paint....you can have a really quick car, and still have the auto for long trips, when you are working on the other one, that sort of stuff. Thats the route Im going. Even tho the project car is looking not to be another se-r....it may be tho.

------------------
Thats my opinion and I could be wrong

93 classic
Aztec Red, Automatic, POP, STB, OEC battery tie down, AD22VF's, Pirelli P4000's

1 - 4 of 4 Posts