SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What year transmission works best for my sentra? I have heard that the 98-99 transmission works well (no 5th gear popout). Is this a direct bolt in also how do I convert the speed sensor to the cable like I have?

Thanks James

·
SNAIL SQUAD
10,271 Posts
91REDSE-R said:
What year transmission works best for my sentra? I have heard that the 98-99 transmission works well (no 5th gear popout). Is this a direct bolt in also how do I convert the speed sensor to the cable like I have?

Thanks James
You really don't want the 98-99 tranny. It has no LSD. If you want a new tranny try finding one from a 95-97 200sx with low milage and, it very easy to swap out the speedo sensor. You basically just pop out the electronis one and pop in the cable one. Very easy to do.

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
Right on Rob, I used a 95 200sx se-r tranny in my car and my buddy has a 96 tranny. You just have to seal closed the hole on the bell housing for the sensor that the B14's have and we don't. It is pretty easy to do.

Brent

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks. Does anyone else have any input?

·
love the Florida sun!!
1,906 Posts
did the B14 tranny's come with no 5th gear popout? i've heard that even some B14 owners had this too...

·
love the Florida sun!!
1,906 Posts
so i basically gotta call Soko and ask for a tranny from a 95 B14? Becuz i think they sell all manual 2.0 engine trannies and they don't know what the tranny came off of....im assuming they come from Japan....

·
love the Florida sun!!
1,906 Posts
what kind of tranny's do they come out of...

·
love the Florida sun!!
1,906 Posts
oops....i meant what kind of cars do the SR20DE trannys come out of? would it be possible to get a DET tranny?? I would imagine they are stronger than a N/A tranny...

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
De trannys are all FWD. For our cars det trannys are useless, either rear wheel, AWD or Automatic FWD. I would imagine that there are JDM FWD sr20 tranny's......

1 - 11 of 11 Posts