SR20 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m needing a little bit of help I have a customer who’s got a 1992 Nissan Sentra SER his transmission went out and he found another transmission and the problem we’re having is the new transmission comes with electronic speedo instead of cable driven speedo plus the axle sizes are different basically I’m trying to find out what yours came with the electronic speedo and possibly the right axle size

·
4dr SE-R
379 Posts
Do you have any pictures of the transmission by chance??

·
Registered
3 Posts
My original 1992 Nissan Sentra axles are too small for the new SR 20 transmission that I got I ordered some Nissan 200 SX Axles but they will not fit either
Most likely the old transmission wasn't l.s.d and the new one is with l.s.d (limited slip differential)
That's most likely why your axles are to small being the lsd transmission have a longer shaft for the differential . But that's only for the driver side passenger side stays the same. You would just have to buy an axle that's with lsd and it should solve your problem. U can also use the old speed sensor on the transmission just swap over the sensor from old to the new one no problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts