SR20 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 95, SE-R Automatic, I wanted to know if it is possible to convert it to a manual transmition, if so, about how much do you think it would cost? Any ideas or suggestions would be apreciated.

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Well think a few people have done this check the archives. But I would expect somewhere between 1000 and 500 just depends on how much for the tranny. Then get linkage, peddles all the little things then if you can do it your self type of things

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, it might be a pita to do a swap. maybe easier to buy a 5 speed. I know you will probably have to fab up a clutch petal, cut a hole in your firewall, ect, ect. alot more involved than you would want to go. it is a little more than swapping a tranny, putting a linkage in, shifter, and clutch and tranny. also, there are a bunch of electronic hookups too.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Acutally i'll be doing the swap on my NX in a few weeks. all i need is a clutch. Here's a rundown of what it's cost me so far

Used tranny w/ bad input shaft bearing but a good 5th gear =$160
tranny shipping from FL =60
input shaft bearing = $20
Used flywheel + shipping = $65
Used linkage and shifter = $60
Cluch that I still have to buy ~$200
-----------------------------------
Total $665

$665 ain't too bad for a tranny swap. I'll be taking plenty of pic and putting togething some documenation for my webiste also. To me , YES it is worth it. As long as you have the time (and another car) to do it yourself. I'm sure a shop would just straight rape you for a job like that.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Thats a tough call...

My 92 5sp NX cost me $3k but I'm sure its nowhere near as clean as a 95 SE-R.

If you really like the car and can do the work it might be worth it.

I keep waiting for someone to beef up their FWD 5sp with new gearing for a turbo. Has anyone done this that I don't know about? There is a BB trans that bolts up and is a bigger "house" more suitable for some custom gears. The only bitch of it is - I don't think its cable actuated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts