SR20 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the difference between a Stage III and a Stage IV Truechoice Suspension?

Thanks,

- Yosho
'96 200SX SE-R
'00 Civic Si EBP

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
www.truechoice.com

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai,jwt s3 cams, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, ur pullies, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces,stillen lower control arm brace, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap

·
Registered
449 Posts
I dunno if this question was towards a 200SX. But there is no application for a SE-R. Unless you have to e-mial them for the oter cars they make them for. Im not sure. But by the way. Is there a true company that makes a good coil over system for the SE-R. Not like Ground Control or anything..But like Tein or ApexI. Ive been lookin, thnx.

------------------
Enjoy the ride...

·
Registered
909 Posts
Truechoice does make a suspensionfor our cars and you can also look at Shocktec and Motivational Engineering http://www.motivational.net/ Also B&G has started making a coilover system for our cars but no one knows anything about them that I know.

MarC

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the link, but what I wanted to know was, for all practical purposes, what are the main advantages of the stage IV over the stage III.

- Yosho
'96 200SX SE-R
'00 Civic Si EBP

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Yosho:
Thanks for the link, but what I wanted to know was, for all practical purposes, what are the main advantages of the stage IV over the stage III.
</font>
I belleve stage IV has tender springs and stage III doesn't. Or, Stage III is a single adjustable and IV is double adjustable. I can't remember, but it is one or the other. hope that narrows it down for ya.

------------------
Sean
97 SE-R w/PR CAI,Unorthodox UP,AEBS Header, Courtesy Exhaust, and Pretty looking pedals and shift knob

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Soupaflie:
Originally posted by Yosho:
</font>
I belleve stage IV has tender springs and stage III doesn't. Or, Stage III is a single adjustable and IV is double adjustable. I can't remember, but it is one or the other. hope that narrows it down for ya.

Thanks!

Btw, how do you like your AEBS header?

- Yosho
'96 200SX SE-R
'00 Civic Si EBP

·
Whisky Tango Foxtrot
863 Posts

Btw, how do you like your AEBS header?
</font>
Love it so far. The ground clearance kinda sucks though.

------------------
Sean
97 SE-R w/PR CAI,Unorthodox UP,AEBS Header, Courtesy Exhaust, and Pretty looking pedals and shift knob

·
Track Whore
1,120 Posts
</font>
I am running stage IV. The main difference are the tender springs. both are double adjustable. The tenders prevent dog legging in a corner and allows you to put the power down better coming out of a corner. It reduces wheel lift off in corners.

------------------
Naji Dahi, aka Red Mist
Fast 1998 SE-R Last of the SE-Rs
Slow 1996 G20 (AGXs/G20t springs, K&N drop in filter)

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I heard that Cusco may make and sell their own B14 camber plates. Do you know if they do? I really want to produce a Stillen free car and would rather not pay for the Stillen name (which is not a good thing IMHO).

------------------
- Yosho
'96 200SX SE-R
'00 Civic Si EBP

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
I heard that Cusco may make and sell their own B14 camber plates. Do you know if they do? I really want to produce a Stillen free car and would rather not pay for the Stillen name (which is not a good thing IMHO).</font>
Stillen camber plates *ARE* Cusco camber plates... Just will Stillen's name on it.

·
Registered
846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RollcageSR20:
Stillen camber plates *ARE* Cusco camber plates... Just will Stillen's name on it.

</font>

I know, which is why I was wondering if Cusco makes and sells their own plates. No point in supporting Stillen's inflated prices. (I really don't like Stillen but I do like Cusco). I would imagine since the B14 (US 200SX) is sold in Japan as the Lucino and there are a few hot versions of the Primara (notably the VZR-N1) that since Cusco makes the plates for Stillen they probably also make the same plates under their own name brand for JDM sales.

------------------
- Yosho
'96 200SX SE-R
'00 Civic Si EBP

[This message has been edited by Yosho (edited 06-20-2001).]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts