SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My trunk is screwed up now. I was having trouble with the release not always working, sometimes I would have to have someone pull up on the trunk while I operated the lever. I tried adj. the bottom catch up and down and can't seem to get it right. The trunk was an accident repl. and I have no key for it--so this is the only way to open it. If the only way to open it is to have someone pull up on the spoiler, while I release the lever, what position should that catch go---up or down?--or should I be adjusting the latch? Thank you all in advance for any help you can give

mark

·
pwnd
3,455 Posts
Have no key for it???? :confused: well what key do you use to start the car? My latch doesnt work very well. LIke if i pull the lever and have someone pull up it works. any other way it doesnt. its like the gasket is too sticky cause it sounds like its sticking....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
like my post said, the trunk was an accident replacement--not the original trunk--so obviously the key is different. But anyways---I know it is the location of either the latch, or the striker plate--I just don't know which way to adjust it--and last time I did it, I had to take my seats out and get in the trunk to open it. Looks like me and bowlcut both need advise on how to fix this problem

·
They're just cones!
1,941 Posts
I'd try moving the part in the car body down, to put a little more tension in the seals that woud (hopefully) seperate the two pieces when the lever is pulled. Just don't flip that valet tab in the trunk, or you may never open it again!

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Im glad someone else has the same problem. :mad: :D :eek:

My tension bars snapped off one day.
Now its all screwed up. Oh well!

GOOD LUCK.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so you guys are thinking my problem is not with the alignment of the mechanism, but with the broken bars? I didn't know what you were talking about when you said the tension bars. I went outside and checked it out, and sure enough--there were 2 bars (look like anti-roll bars) under the rear speaker deck and one was broken off. Looks like I would need to get it welded back on? These have something to do with the release mechanism?

thanks again

mark

1 - 7 of 7 Posts