SR20 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The lever wont work i pull it and i get nothing does the lever go thrpought to underneeth the car or just un the carpet. i think its mights bes broken.

·
Barney will pwn you
382 Posts
Hey this Jackie Chan off of 3rdshift with the silver beast before it got crushed. Anyways prolly the cable snapped or something to release the trunk. I think you can some classic sentras in Cophers. You might wanna try there first.

·
Premium Member
11,741 Posts
there is a little lever right where the latch is in the trunk check how it is, its like a valet option thing, so they cant get in your trunk. if thats not it, then your cable is probably broken.

good luck

·
Registered
325 Posts
Dude, first try holding the lever up with something and attempt to open the trunk. If that doesn't work, it means your cable is snapped.(if you have the gas release on that same lever like most of us, that will probably not work either if the problem is a snapped cable). But if holding the lever and opening the trunk works for you like it did for me, then the problem is on the trunk lock and there is an easy fix. Open your trunk, remove the trims on the bottom hatch locking mechanism, and locate the two bolts that hold the locking bracket and loosen and raise the bracket then tighten it back. (you might have to do it a couple of times until you get it right.)
Hope this helps,
Nick

·
Premium Member
1,619 Posts
SmoothDaddyFig said:
Join the club!!!
Just use your key.
I don't think that's an appropriate answer to dweed's problem. He posted a legitimate question, and you didn't contribute anything helpful at all.

Also, if you're going to post pictures, please limit there size. Some of us don't have very fast internet connections.

·
Registered
95 Posts
My leaver still works, but the damn spring gets locked in the open position, so you have to get in the trunk and use a screw driver to pop the spring back in place.... since there are 2 springs, my friend decided to take one out, so now I when I open it, I have to hold it open otherwise it will slam shut and crush anything (or anyone's head) that is in it's way!!!!

damn trunk!
neeraj

1 - 12 of 12 Posts