SR20 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's that time again. Mark your calendars because you are not going to want to miss this event.

When: Saturday March 6th

Time: 10am -5pm

Where: The event will visit Tuner's Edge, Elite Auto Sound and
Performance, Millennium Autosports, and Abrino Performance Engineering

What: Poker Run to raise money for Big Brothers Big Sister of the Peninsula

Okay this time instead of being at one place all day long we are going to visit several through out the day. The event will start out at Tuner's Edge where each participant can register. Registration is $5 per person. Each participant will receive sheet to keep track of the cards you pick at each designated shop. You will pick a card from a deck at Tuner's Edge and they will write it on your sheet. You will then proceed to Elite, Millennium, Abrino, and finishing back at Tuner's Edge where you will pick your last card. That is a total of 5 cards. the best poker hand wins 1/2 the pot of the registration. Now additional donations on top of the $5 registration will go soley to the Big Brothers Big Sister of the Peninsula.

The event is not a Cannon Ball Run. So high speed driving is not necessary at this event. This is an event to ultimately raise money for children. This event is away for us to do such a thing and enjoy our cars/friends at the same time. You do not have to show up at 10am if you don't want to. But in order to win 1/2 the pot you must visit all shops throughout the day. This is going to be the first time that we have done this so don't ruin it by cheating or driving insane.

A flyer will be available this weekend. This is an event for anybody to participate in. The more the merrier. Bare with us on the day of the event as parking might be an issue depending on how many people participat in this event.

There will be commerative T-shirts for sale ,$15, with the proceeds of the shirts going to charity also.

Each shop will be having SPECIAL OFFERS on the day of the event. SPECIAL OFFERS are listed below. Call them for more details.

*1st spot*
Tuner's Edge 988-1911 ask for Gene or Chris
15197 Warwick Blvd
Newport News, Va 23608
www.tunersedge.com
Shop SPECIAL:
$10 Car Wash that includes vaccuming interior that day only by Tuner's Edge Detailer.

To every individual that enters the POKER RUN they will receive WHOLE SALE PRICES on any item in the shop PLUS Special Orders. Tax and shipping on special orders is extra. BIG SAVINGS!

Everyone who comes in that day can enter into a Tuner's Edge Raffell. The top prize is $100.00 gift certificate, 2nd place is $75, 3rd place is $50, and 4th is $25.

*2nd spot*
Elite Auto Sound and Performance 599-3899 ask for Paul
759B J. Clyde Morris Blvd
Newport News, Va. 23601
www.eliteautosoundandperformance.com
Shop SPECIAL: TBD, call them for more info.

*3rd spot*
Millennium Autosports 853-7771 ask for Gray
1146 Ingleside Road
Norfolk, Va. 23502
www.millenniumautosports.com
Shop SPECIAL: Any car $100.00 tinted windows offer! Call them for more details.

*4th spot*
Abrino Performance Engineering 329-1756 ask for Scott
1421 North Kings Street
Hampton, Va. 236
www.abrinoperformanceengineering.com
Shop SPECIAL: Abrino Performance Engineering will be doing 30% off labor services as the Poker Run Special. Call their shop for more details.

Abrino will also have chips and drinks for you guys to snack on.

*5th spot*
Back to Tuner's Edge......
At the end of the event stay at Tuner's Edge and enjoy FREE pizza and barbaque. Bring your own drinks. Alcohol is strictly forbidden as we do not want to get Tuner's Edge in trouble with the law.

any question just email me at [email protected] or kyle @ [email protected].

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Shop Specials

Each location on the day of the event will be having SHOP SPECIALS. I have posted this information in the ORGINAL THREAD. If you have questions about the shop specials call them or stay posted for more info to come as i get it.

thanks

CARL, TTE

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This Just In....

Tuner's Edge has just informed me of their special offer.

$10 Car Wash that includes vaccuming interior that day only by Tuner's Edge Detailer.

To every individual that enters the POKER RUN they will receive WHOLE SALE PRICES on any item in the shop PLUS Special Orders. Tax and shipping on special orders is extra. BIG SAVINGS!

Everyone who comes in that day can enter into a Tuner's Edge Raffell. The top prize is $100.00 gift certificate, 2nd place is $75, 3rd place is $50, and 4th is $25.

At the end of the event stay at Tuner's Edge and enjoy FREE pizza and barbaque. Bring your own drinks. Alcohol is strictly forbidden as we do not want to get Tuner's Edge in trouble with the law.

Call Tuner's Edge for details.

·
91 SER Richmond, VA
888 Posts
Im in, I can probably get a few others to go. As long as im not workin...keep me updated.

-Mike

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so for there is going to be a subaru and mazda club coming from northern va/md. and today i talked with Tuner's Edge and they said that they have talked with the president of the panthera club and those cars are bad ass. this event should hopefullly raise $2000 and by the posts from the three forums i posted this event in we should have a lot of fun and no problem getting that much money. thanks in advance for your participation.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well the event was an overall success. the charity brought in almost $1000 and that was only off of a 123 registered event people. with lots of people also just there to enjoy the ride. so thank you to all that showed up and made yet another TTE hosted charity event successful. special thanks goes out to all the staff of APE, Tuner's Edge, Millennium Auto Sports, and Elite Auto Sound and Performance. you guys rock. thank you so much for all you did.

I still have a few T-shirts commerating the event with all the shop sponsors.

if you want to see a pic of the shirt please email me at [email protected]

the shirts are for a charitable donation. at the event the donations were $10-$15 for a shirt.

i know i am leaving out some people to thank but i am going off of 9hrs sleep over the past 3 days and i am fading as i type this.

see you at the next event.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts