SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...Planning on doing a tuneup on my 96 SE-R. Got 71,000 miles on it. Planning on replacing the 02 sensor ( manifold ), fuel filter, pcv valve, spark plugs, plug wires, cap & rotor, tranny fluid, and basically expecting all the hoses and what not underneath the hood. Any suggestions for stuff I should check out that I missed. Checked my MAF and TPS sensors about a month ago and adjusted. Timing is at about 16 degrees. Also thinking cleaning the throttle body also. But yeah if you guys know of any thing else feel free to let me know! Thanks Guys!

------------------
Irwin 96 wit stuff

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
19 degrees??? Man...well..I guess it would be alright since I always run 92 octane..right? But yeah I'll probably do my Power steering fluid..thanks for the suggestion!

------------------
Irwin 96 wit stuff

·
Registered
705 Posts
wow, thats wierd. i just ordered all the same stuff, cept you forgot one. Power steering fluid. do yourself a favor and do indeed clean out your throttle body, clean oyur intake, if you have one, and put that timing up to 19!

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

·
Registered
705 Posts
wow, thats wierd. i just ordered all the same stuff, cept you forgot one. Power steering fluid. do yourself a favor and do indeed clean out your throttle body, clean oyur intake, if you have one, and put that timing up to 19!

------------------
Ryan Walsh, 1997 200sx SE-R w/ ES mounts, JWT s4's, AEBS 4-1, PR CAI, Sportlines/AGX's, Bridgestone re730's, Stillen GTR grill

·
Registered
705 Posts
oops

------------------

1 - 6 of 6 Posts