SR20 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having a play with the Bikirom & mucking around with the base P11 map getting ready to tune on Saturday. The ECU gives me the ability to build safety features in such as no VVL unless the motor is a certain temp or the car is going a certain speed so I would like to add them in, perhaps tweaked for a little more performance if anybody in the know has suggestions.

For a start, can anybody please tell me what speed you have to be going before VVL will activate & what temp the motor should be at before VVL goodness on the standard ECU?

·
L337 VVL
268 Posts
Vvl will activate dependant on where you switching point is!

For a speed... in 1stgear at 5k this is about 40kmph

I would have VVL coming on when the engine reaches operating temp or maybe when the thermostat open would be a good point (around 75 degrees) but anywere from 60 degrees would still seem within reason!

·
CAR SLÜT
1,622 Posts
I already have the temp safety feature setup to stop the engine reving over 6000rpm until the coolant temp sensor reaches 60 degrees, along with flatshifting only working when TPS voltage is above 3.7V

I also recommend having VVL working even when speed is at 0km/h, as it allows VVL to engage for take off(ie 6000+rpm and dump the clutch)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts