SR20 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the JWT stuff seems popular......but for the price i'd rather go standalone....

what other tuning options are there? i was told about a bikirom USB daughterboard but haven't really heard anything else about it...and so, i'm not really sure

i could go EMS...one of my good friends is one of hte better EMS tuners in the country...but its pritcally half the cost of my friggin car...so i'd rather wait till i build the car, or at least decide i like it enough to keep, before going that route.

my original intention was to do the bikirom daughterboard...and source other info from zcontrol.com....and let my friend joesph do the tuning. but with lack of info on it...i'm kinda lost........

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
AEM EMS is the real deal, but a ton of cash. It will prolly be like $1500-$1600 with a wideband in there. What I run is a JDM DET ecu with a greddy emanage and an Innovate LM-1 wideband. It has a great base map, DET ecu and you can throw on whatever you want with data logging for prolly $450 total plus a wideband puts you at $750. No fees for re-tuning, no wait times and you can change it as much as you want.

Brent

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i mean i don't pay anywhere close to "regular" price for EMS stuff.....but i'm just trying to hold off on that....right now...later i'll have to go that route, to get rid fo the maf

oh, and i have dyno time anytime i want/need it...on either a dynapack or dynojet. i also have 4 tuners (GOOD ones...) at my disposal.....

the emanage.....i've seen some ppl run it, but i've just heard so many bad things about it in the honda camp, that i'm a little iffy. and isn't it like $500ish?

·
Registered
909 Posts
$500 isnt bad considering you are getting a datalogger and pretty much no limitations. If you want the cheapest mangement go with a SAFC on a DET ECU using 440cc(gti-R) or 480(i think) S15 injectors. chances are you wont hit 400hp that way. you are gonna need at least 600cc worth of injector.

·
Big Cheddar fan club
1,466 Posts
One word "E-Manage" If used propery and tuned properly, you just can't beat it for the money....

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i've yet to hear a tuner say it does anything but suck ass.
i haven't ever used it.....i only know what i'm told..
i'm sure someone is familar with it, but remember...i'm from the honda camp :( (never make that mistake again)

but, one of my tuners is talking to the bikirom guy and we'll have 2 here soon...one for my gti-r swap, and one for another guys gti-R swap....

wish me luck

·
Big Cheddar fan club
1,466 Posts
I was just asking because I personaly never had a problem with interface nor do I believe anyone I know has. I have used them plenty between my own crew and helping out at Hass auto that is pretty much the majority of what we use... on the Nissans at least..

Good luck with your project, hope you are boosting soon :biggthump

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
AG>SR said:
.......wouldn't MAP-tuning be touchier/trickier than MAF-tuning though...?

yes, which is why i'm sticking to maf until i break out the custom sheetmetal intake manifold, custom cams, custom valvetrain, sleeved block, and full build...that's next season

·
Registered
356 Posts
in response to the e-manage comments, a good friend of mine ran one on his gtir, he was very impressed with how easy it was to use and set up had no probs at all.

The car was running late 11's with his early maps and if it wasn't for gearbox probs probably would've gone further...

for the money e-manage is very good :cool:

iirc you can switch from maf to e-manage map sensor with the e-manage when the maf is maxed so can run standard set up for cold start and idle and map sensor when the engine gets really going :cool:

·
Registered
632 Posts
i guess it doesnt matter what you use, it comes down to 2 things, money and proper tunning! if you are short on cash like most of us, go with emanage, heard good things about it...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts