SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking through some numbers on the SE-r website and i wasn't able to find anyhting about someone who has really built up a good turbo engine then made it faster with nitrous. I know that this is most likely not safe or in any case very dangerous to do with so much horsepower, but if I was running say...a 12sec turbo and saw that people who were running N/A engines with a 100hp shot gain almost 3 full seconds off their 1/4 mile time I would do it just to try one good time at running a sub 10 second run. Has anyone done this?

·
Registered
765 Posts
Sorry, but I dont think adding a 100shot of Nitrous is going to magically bring your 12second turbo car into the 9's. It doesnt work that way.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
That's not gonna happen in a FWD car. Maybe in a RWD car you could get that much of a change from 100hp, but I doubt that even. Gettin down to 10s and below in a FWD car is a matter of traction as much as horsepower.

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
To go from 16's to 13's is a lot easier than 13's to 10's. Reason being... a 16 sec run is at like 85mph, 13's 100+ and 10's ~140. On our cars, you need to get from like 120 whp to 200whp to go from 16 to 13. But to go from 13 to 10..... you need to jump from like 200 whp to over 400whp... maybe 500whp. The faster you go, it gets a lot harder to go even faster.

Khiem

·
Team Tool
2,514 Posts
There are alot people using nitrous and turbo. James Farrer and Ben Benevides(sorry if i killed your names) for example. Im am pretty sure they use them for quick spool up. Jim Wolf makes a program for the turbo spool up kit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts