Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Sell the car and get a 300zx TT

Votes: 12 75.0%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would you do if you were in my shoes? I had to remove the turbo and go back to stock for smog. I can either keep the T25 setup, upgrade to a T28 setup, or sell the car all together and pick up a 300zx TT. What would you recommend?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Yep i would go for the Z32 as well.

·
sellout
1,000 Posts
I only needed to look under the hood of a Z32 TT once. I decided I would never want to have one due to the difficulty of working on pretty much anything. The RWD is nice though.

·
SR20JET POWERED!!!
1,819 Posts
i looked into buying one, and the insurance is horrible, at least for me, i was told it would be 2200 a year for liabillity..and there a pita to work on one, stick with the b13.

·
The Boost Bear..Rawr!
3,055 Posts
They look great, and run great if kept in good condition. But once things start failing, you're screwed. Maintenance stuff is $$ and it's a major pain to just change the plugs in that thing I'm sure.

Corey

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Zexel said:
They look great, and run great if kept in good condition. But once things start failing, you're screwed. Maintenance stuff is $$ and it's a major pain to just change the plugs in that thing I'm sure.

Corey
Its super easy to change the plugs and most normal maintanance. Just if you get a old one, pull the motor and change the wiring harness and all the rubber hoses, timing belt, belt tensioner, cam seals, water pump, etc.

Then its good for another 10 years. Might as well upgrade the turbos and injectors while in there and have a 400+ hp nice driving car.

Mike

·
Whut?That Ain't No Hondah
2,558 Posts
get Z1's stage 2 turbo upgrade! :) Those shits looked hooooot when I saw em. Well wait.. they looked like jsut any other turbo... but yeah

Z's rule, my turbo Egg doesn't even compare in cornering/ride comfort/style to my Z. However try doing a clutch job or checkout prices on OEM/Aftermarket parts as well as what you'll pay to get the work done (assuming you don't do it yourself, which you really don't want too unless you got all the proper tools and equipment)

·
no..its not my daddys car
1,447 Posts
Id keep the b13....

·
Premium Member
5,202 Posts
Crim said:
get Z1's stage 2 turbo upgrade! :) Those shits looked hooooot when I saw em. Well wait.. they looked like jsut any other turbo... but yeah

Z's rule, my turbo Egg doesn't even compare in cornering/ride comfort/style to my Z. However try doing a clutch job or checkout prices on OEM/Aftermarket parts as well as what you'll pay to get the work done (assuming you don't do it yourself, which you really don't want too unless you got all the proper tools and equipment)
I would avoid anything Z1 does.

Mike

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
After one whole day of thinking while removing the turbo, I have decided to keep my SE-R. It only took about 5 hours (including the many breaks I took) to get it back to stock. It wasnt as bad as I thought it would be, so I will be upgrading to a T28 setup. Thanks for helping me come to a decision. I put too much work into this car to give it up because of smog.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts