SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question, turbo b16a/b18c running about 8-10 lbs. of boost vs. let's say a mighty SR20DET, Who would take it? Also how many lbs. of boost come stock on SR20DET's?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Depends on what kit the B16/B18 Has! A bone stock SR20ET in a classic would get worked by an Integra w/ lets say a Drag Gen III Kit!

------------------
http://www.sentra.net/solm/august01/louis.shtml

Louis Anaya
APEX Motorsports
1992 Nissan Sentra SE-R
349.6 hp & 301.9 ft/lb
12.0 @ 118.77

·
Registered
189 Posts
Well put an FMAX kit on a SR20DE and then race a Teggy with a Drag gen or rev hard kit.

let's remember a Sr20 can hold a lot more power on stock internals than any b series motors.

·
Not on fire... yet
591 Posts
this should help out

My DET powered NX vs. my friends 2nd gen integra with a b16 with a T3 roughly equal boost (~7psi) I can creep by but then his car is still runnning a small exhaust. He might chime in on this since he reads this board. If we get on it past 4500rpm he will pull away. At 11psi (now running a boost contoller) the DET pulls hard only until about 5700rpm (spins hard thru 2nd)but can walk away from the integ which is still at 7psi. The characteristics of the motors are completely different the SR20DET has about 60-80 lbs of torque on the b16 w/ boost, but the b16 probably has about 20 more HP at that boost level (7-8psi)for a good length of time in each gear. We might be able to graph our dynos over each other next time we strap both cars up for a bit of tuning.

------------------
93 NX2K
some stuff and a DET
"project street mod?"
1988 BMW M3 w/ a few toys

·
Registered
448 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nupinpanty:
Question, turbo b16a/b18c running about 8-10 lbs. of boost vs. let's say a mighty SR20DET, Who would take it? Also how many lbs. of boost come stock on SR20DET's?</font>
I'd say they are about even. A DET with the wick turned up can lay down about 230-250whp, and so can a B18/16 before it needs motorwork.

However the DET is WAY more cost effective considering you can get a DET from intake manifold to downpipe for about $1800 in excellent shape. You can't even buy the turbo kit for that much on the B18/16.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts