SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
TDO6 20G Turbo SR20DET
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHATS UP PEEPS, NEED HELP FROM THOSE WITH CUSTOM TURBO SET UP,
HERE IS WHAT HAPPENED, ABOUT A MONTH AGO I DETONATED #2 CYLINDER ON A STOCK DE BLOCK I GOT IT REBUILT AND BORED TO 86.5MM ARIAS PISTONS 8.5:1 COMPRESSION, I DROPPED THE ENGINE IN THIS WEEKEND WITH THE NEW BOTTOM END AND NOW THE CAR STARTS BUT ITS IS RUNNING EXTREMELY ROUGH AND THE CAR DIES IF YOU DONT GIVE IT A LITTLE GAS, DO I NEED THE COMPUTER REPROGRAMMED FOR THE NEW COMPRESSION??

TURBO IS ATD06-20G
MY COMPUTER WAS SET UP AT JWT ECU: Programmed for MSD 50lb Injectors @ 3bar, Z32 MAF, POP, and S2'S PRIOR TO THE NEW PISTONS, THE CAR SEEMS TO BE RUNNING EXTREMELY RICH, I CHECKED ALL THE VACUUM LINES AND THEY
SEEM TO BE INSTALLED CORRECTLY, ANY TIPS, COMMENTS OR FIX SUGGESTIONS WELCOME, THANKS

CARLOS OROZCO
1995 TURBO SE-R
863-602-7421

·
TDO6 20G Turbo SR20DET
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I called JWT today and spoke with BEN about my situation for about 30 minutes, hea advised me that there is no need for re-programming the ecu because its compatible with the new compression of 8.5:1, do you guys know of any good
turbo shops in tucson arizona? I'm moving there this weekend, If I can't fix it here in florida by saturday I will tow it to AZ...

·
sleeper
5,445 Posts
hmmm.... interesting... I guess they program their turbo ecu's for the same A/F regardless of compression ratio. well, the lower compression will just let you run more boost before you get detonation :)

·
TDO6 20G Turbo SR20DET
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I figured out the problem with the help of TJ (underpressure), the iddle was really rough because the seals on the new pistons have not set properly, once they sit properly the VAC will get to -20psi and the car will be fine, I ran it tonight for about a 1/2 hour and it helped a lot breaking in the new engine, I thought it was a vacuum leak but it was not. the car originally would only pull -10 VAC and it would cause it to iddle really rough and often it would die, after running it tonight the vac is at -15 and iddle still a little rough but the car does not die, I learned alot from this build up. if you guys ever have any questions about re-building your DE for turbo feel free to give me a call, I have been through hell with this build up but I can finally see the light and give some advise, so that you guys dont have to go through what I did, the car is going to be sick once the engine is broke in properly...will keep you posted.
moving to Tucson this saturday, any SE-R peeps there??

Carlos
863-602-7421
[email protected]
2.02L SR20DE-T TD06-20G and happily boosting 25lbs

1 - 8 of 8 Posts