SR20 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if i could use a JWT ECU with the turbo program on a NA engine? The reason i ask is because a friend of mine will trade me his ECU with the turbo program for my stock one and i want to know if the car will run well for the time being since i will be going with a DET in about a month or so. TIA

------------------
Jorge

'96 SE-R

G

·
Yes, as long as you use the same sized injectors and MAF as your friend. The car will run fine, but throttle response will be a little fat and th car will not be quite as fast. The car will run fine, however.

------------------
Jay Whitely
Tampa, FL
1996 200SX SE-R
GTi-R powered with F-MAX kit

·
Living up Boost
893 Posts
JRios,

it depends on what the JWT ECU was programmed to run on! It could have been programmed to run on a Cobra MAF and 50 lb. injectors. I would imagine that in that case, the car would not run too well with that ecu in your car (which does not have the proper MAF and injectors). Maybe too rich. You might have some luck with advancing the timing though...thats what lew shadoff did, but his program was for running on the stock MAF and 370cc injectors. He bumped his timing to 19 deg. with the 370cc's installed while he was waiting for the turbo to arrive.

-saaby

·
Registered
270 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JRios:
I was wondering if i could use a JWT ECU with the turbo program on a NA engine? The reason i ask is because a friend of mine will trade me his ECU with the turbo program for my stock one and i want to know if the car will run well for the time being since i will be going with a DET in about a month or so. TIA
</font>
I'm driving my car with a turbo computer right now and the car is slower. Especially now that I just got a 3" on there. But I'm doing it because I'm going turbo and getting it done a step at a time. I have injectors,ecu, and exhaust. Received the f-max manifold and downpipe last weekend. Now just waiting on the turbo. Hopefully it will be here soon.

·
Premium Member
1,303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses guys, i appreciate it
. Well here's the deal, my friend was running a stock BB DET and that's what i'll be doing also. Would i be able to run this computer with the stock injectors of my DE engine for the mean time? Thanks again guys.

------------------
Jorge

'96 SE-R

·
vincit omnia veritas
1,085 Posts
NO.
You will need injectors matched to the ECU.
stock DE ecu = stock DE injectors
bb det ecu= 370cc injecors (which maf I dunno)
gtir det ecu= 444 cc injectors (which maf I dunno)

I have a set of 370cc injectors for sale if you need a set...
later
david lau

1 - 7 of 7 Posts