SR20 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
B13 se-r
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so i blew my mani to turbo gasket in half the other day. i took off the turbo and wanted to find out if u have to have a gasket to put it back?? got to go to work holla and thanks

·
working on it
3,781 Posts
You definately need a gasket. You can get them on ebay, or from Greg V on the forum. I think the z32 gasket is the same too.

You could also make your own gasket. They sell copper sheets at art supply stores that works nicely.

·
B13 se-r
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks...atleast i got an answer from someone...lol

·
Registered
232 Posts
ok, so i blew my mani to turbo gasket in half the other day. i took off the turbo and wanted to find out if u have to have a gasket to put it back?? got to go to work holla and thanks
get a 92 300zx TT metal gasket from the dealer and use a little (and I mean a little just enough to coat the gasket,) silicone best fix!

·
CAR SLÜT
1,622 Posts
Use O2 sensor safe silicon unless you want to kill your O2 sensor/s

·
B13 se-r
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well thanks alot man! i actually got a gasket from one of my friends, but its for a T3 housing i drilled out the holes so it can fit, but i rather do what yall are telling me to do..but i also heard that using silicon will burn and just be a waste. but ill be going to nissan tomorrow and ordering one before work...thanks for the help!

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
copper rtv for extra security! works like a charm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts