1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
lack of sr20 owner
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
that is fine man, my flange is dual tapped for a T3 or T4 turbo as well. Don't worry about it.

Brent

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
That manifold is far from equal length, the craftsmanship is crappy, and IMHO dual tapped flanges look half ass to me. WHat it boils down to is you can polish a turd all you want to make it look pretty, but when you get done, you still have a turd.

·
Registered
410 Posts
pics can be decieving....the product they send is not as good as the pics....they have crappy welds and dont weld all the way, material is too thin, and welds are too far apart.....and you should tell them to get you a pics of the other side where all the runners run into one.....all i can say is crap....trust me....i know....we got one for a ka24 going turbo......

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
PSSSHHHGOESMYSR20 said:
That manifold is far from equal length, the craftsmanship is crappy, and IMHO dual tapped flanges look half ass to me. WHat it boils down to is you can polish a turd all you want to make it look pretty, but when you get done, you still have a turd.
I don't see the issue with running a flange that is dual tapped. It just allows you to move to a larger turbo down the road if you want. I don't think it looks all bad or anything.

I agree that those manifolds on ebay look like poo. They need to learn what back purging is and get a nice weld all the way through the material. They just build em to ship em though so quality isn't their top concern.

Brent

·
BOOSTIN PROTECH STYLE
1,397 Posts
coach said:
I don't see the issue with running a flange that is dual tapped. It just allows you to move to a larger turbo down the road if you want. I don't think it looks all bad or anything.

Brent
I'm not saying it's a bad thing, I just dont like the look of a flange that isn't flush, that's my only pet peeve with that issue.

·
grease monkey
1,386 Posts
PSSSHHHGOESMYSR20 said:
yeah you make a good point,when i look at the protech equal length compared to it,i know which one i want,no matter how much different the cost.i'll be talking to you soon mike,the money is almost all there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts