SR20 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I'm probably just an idiot, not being able to figure this one out, but what does that gold nipple connect to? (it's circled in torquoise and labeled "WTF?")

Boosting a B15 SE, btw.

BOV shown came from an Avenir.

This project has taken far too long, sadly :(, going on 2 months, school hasn't made it any easier to get stuff done.

Also, anyone know where I can get a 2.5in 3 bolt flange to fit the stock Avenir exhaust turndown for my DP?

Thanks.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My apologies, saved me a lot of trouble initially, on the list of things to simplify after it runs, deal with it. Oh, and it's not as ghetto rigged as it looks, that bend does nicely for making room for the MAF and filter.

Intake temp sensor? Not sure why it'd go there unless the stock Avenir one is completely different (which is entirely possible) from the Sentre DE.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
nametakennow said:

I'm probably just an idiot, not being able to figure this one out, but what does that gold nipple connect to? (it's circled in torquoise and labeled "WTF?")

Boosting a B15 SE, btw.

BOV shown came from an Avenir.

This project has taken far too long, sadly :(, going on 2 months, school hasn't made it any easier to get stuff done.

Also, anyone know where I can get a 2.5in 3 bolt flange to fit the stock Avenir exhaust turndown for my DP?

Thanks.

I think it is the recirc pipe that connects a hose from there to after the throttle body on your intake manifold, for idling purposes. If this is it and it is not connected your car will run for shi* when you start it. But yeah, I would take out that ghetto rig you got going there but I know how everyone has different budgets. :)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright, where on the intake mani? The CAI I had before didn't have a tube like this.

·
Canyon_Boogie
6,666 Posts
might be going to the vc, if you look at the vc on the right side you see the elbow sticking out (crank case ventalation). Most people just throw a filter on it.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Looks like the "flat" section from where the IC loops to the TB on a highport.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I was informed that the VC tube was supposed to connect to the pre-turbo intake pipe, which is how I have it set up.

Thanks chim, out of curiosity, do you know what it is? edit: On the highport, that would make sense. Thanks tomcat!

Hmm... so given that the VC tube is a breather, would it be possible to plug the tube on the pre-turbo pipe as well and just put a breather filter on the VC?

Just curious.

·
Canyon_Boogie
6,666 Posts
chimmike said:
yeah, any breathers get plugged into the turbo inlet pipe, tis bout it.
thats right, i was thinking about where the stock intake stuff would go, completly forgot about the turbo set-up lol. Yeah just throw a breather on the vc elbow, and i would block the other thing off.

·
Still not my president
5,173 Posts
that goes to the bung on teh intake manifold under the throttle body

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
cutter said:
i think it goes to the iacv.
IACV-Air regulator is my guess too.

My '94 lowport + turbo would not idle at all without a line from the intake pipe to the larger vacuum connection on the intake manifold - the one on the back right side (looking at the front of the car). That line runs under the intake and over to the passenger side to the IACV-Air regulator.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hmm... I'll take a look and see if I can locate it. Neither my stock intake nor my CAI had this, and the car certainly ran fine. Thanks!

·
Banned
3,740 Posts
I have a w11 avenir motor, YOU have that bov pipe on BACKWARDS!!! The gold nipple on the back goes to the same size port on the manifold. It lets air into your motor when your throttle body is closed. I will take pics right now and show you give me 5 minutes.

·
Banned
3,740 Posts
jp314 said:
IACV-Air regulator is my guess too.

My '94 lowport + turbo would not idle at all without a line from the intake pipe to the larger vacuum connection on the intake manifold - the one on the back right side (looking at the front of the car). That line runs under the intake and over to the passenger side to the IACV-Air regulator.
This isnt correct.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts