SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im trying to see how much trimming went into getting the IC's to fit... im about to start putting mine on in a couple weeks. Who did your piping, or what kit did you buy? Will the Hot Shot IC kit for a B13 work? Im considering buying a universal Kit and just trimming it to fit.. :confused: im a very indecisive person tho... lets see them pics

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
My nx is rust free and has never been wrecked, I found it to painful to do any kind of cutting and would not sacrafice the front metal bumper for an intercooler... so, I used a DSM side mount intercooler, it sits perfect where the battery use to go, I'll get pics soon, but it works great... just an idea if you decide you don't want to hack your nx up either.

Chris

·
Registered
207 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
There was a little bit of cutting to fit this, not too much though. I made new bumper brackets to support it.

Preston

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
well, not new bumper brackets man, don't confuse the dude. We just replaced the center support on hood latch with a short piece that goes to the top of the bumper support. The cutting was simply putting half moons int he metal on either side of the radiator to fit the IC pipe through.

Brent

·
nothing but shenanigans
763 Posts
this an 88 starion intercooler with modded end tanks. fits pretty well. i should be upgrading pretty soon, but no money for that now.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do you guys think i would have alot of difficulty fitting this FMIC on... it measures: From end tank to end tank it is 29x5x3

so will I be able to squeeze this thin beast in there?

·
AWD owns me
4,167 Posts
anything is possible, just need to run your piping a little wider than most. looks good though

·
Registered
35 Posts
Can you give us some details on that kit please.

Hot NX said:
hummmmm........

the hot shot kit made for the b13 fits really well without much cutting

NX-DET
Did you take the metal bar that runs across the front of the car right out?? Ir does that come out when you take the nose cone ofF??

·
Premium Member
11,741 Posts

I did all the piping myself. Most of it was from my SE-R, but I still hacked it up, and made it fit the NX. As for the intercooler, the core is about 20x8x2. The only cutting I did was the 2 bars, one on each side next to the foglights. I didnt trim any of the lip off. I mounted the IC a little higher, and it sits over that lip.

Oh yeah, and I left the bumper support off. I was going to put it back on after I cut it, but I never got around to it.

·
8,148 Posts
Hot NX said:
hummmmm........

the hot shot kit made for the b13 fits really well without much cutting
Hot NX, thats 2 MS Design NX's in NYC. Nice!

·
All go, all show
504 Posts
This is an older picture, the IC isn't perfectly straight, I fixed this problem....Right now Im installing my new front bumber. I'll update with some pics soon...

If doens't show I'll try hosting somewhere else.

·
www.FAIRTAX.org
8,920 Posts
Guys, its a very bad idea to leave your bumper support off. If you get into even a minor 5 mph accident your car will be f*cked. You also have a much much much higher chance at being se-riously hurt in an accident.

·
Tired!
10,149 Posts
We didn't even take the nose cone off to do my brother's front mount, tooooo much of a pita. We basically put the 2.5" thick IC in place of the AC condensor, cut half moons in the sheet metal on either side of the radiator for the IC pipes to go through and that was it. Took an hour maybe and it fits perfect up in there. Only issue is airflowto the radiator itself, but that is an issue no matter how you do a front mount on a radiator.

Brent

·
Registered
703 Posts
Oops forgot one..... F-Max IC

·
SR20DETERMINED
1,540 Posts
Fast91SER said:

I did all the piping myself. Most of it was from my SE-R, but I still hacked it up, and made it fit the NX. As for the intercooler, the core is about 20x8x2. The only cutting I did was the 2 bars, one on each side next to the foglights. I didnt trim any of the lip off. I mounted the IC a little higher, and it sits over that lip.

Oh yeah, and I left the bumper support off. I was going to put it back on after I cut it, but I never got around to it.
yeah im going to be starting a turbo project on an nx. i was figuring to take that bumper support out too. takes off some weight also. i dont have my support on my se-r because of the bumper i have on there. doesnt bother me none. thats like 35-40lbs off the car. and the nx has enough bolts on the side that it should have plenty of support anyways. i figured most of you guys left the support off. the nx doesnt even need it. i just want to know how hard it was to get all the bolts off the side to take the bumper off. looks like a big pain. let me know. i should be starting the project in the next month so im looking foward to it. thanks

1 - 20 of 20 Posts