SR20 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Me likes Big Ol Booties!
1,161 Posts
Turbo the stock engine. SR20DE can take it!

Just make sure you take your time, piece together what you want, then install/get it installed.

Side note...you could always go to a shop (isn't that AD Fab in FL?) and get to know exactly what you want (for 250whp you can easily get a T28, gt28r, etc).

I know that some places will let you send deposits and keep that credit running for you and a maybe 6 months down the road, you will have exactly what you want and not have to come out of pocket $4k or whatever all at once. Just a thought.

Now, 2nd option is to buy the sr20det motor, then slowly buy bolt-ons (pulleys/cams). It all depends on if you are doing this yourself, or will be going to a shop to get it done.

·
Me likes Big Ol Booties!
1,161 Posts
Do a search on here, I've seen people post that they've gone more than 110k before turbo'ing. Just make sure you go to a reputable shop. I had mine done at JGY and I highly recommend them, but you are way down in FL. I would just pick a closer shop (why I recommended the AD Fab) and let them handle everything. It's not very good to buy parts, then go to a shop to get it installed. That's like swearing in church!!! There is no guarantee on parts and if something fails, it's a b.... to get it fixed. Since you have 5 more payments to go, just search some in the turbo section and see what other people have and when Spring comes around, start picking out the pieces you want.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts