SR20 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY EVERYONE, IM A LITTLE NEW SO BEAR WITH ME CUZ IM SURE YOUVE HEARD THESE BEFORE..NEXT YEAR IM DEFINETLEY GOING WITH FORCED INDUCTION ON MY 200SX SER..THE QUESTION IS DO I GO WITH A BB DET SWAP OR THE JWT ECU CONTROLLED NOS? (100 SHOT) FROM WHAT I HEAR THE BB DET IS EASIER TO FIND, CHEAPER AND A LITTLE LESS HASSLE BUT A LITTLE LESS POWER THAN THE GTI-R. SO THATS MY REASONING WITH THAT. ALSO I WOULD LIKE AN FMAX BUT UPPER 4K'S WITH INSTALL IS TOO MUCH. SO, WHAT CAN I EXPECT FOR A HIGH QUALITY BB DET WITH JWT ECU FULLY INSTALLED? ALSO, WITH ADDITIONAL BOLT ONS, EXHAUST, CAMS, BOOST CONTROLLER, FRONT MOUNT IC..WHAT POWER LEVELS CAN I EXPECT? ALSO WHERE IS THE VERY BEST PLACE TO GET DET'S FROM SOKO PERHAPS? I HEARD THEIR IN CHICAGO SO IM PRETTY CLOSE ACTUALLY..ARE MID 12'S ON SOMETHING LIKE THE TOYO RA1'S OR BFG GFORCES POSSIBLE? OR BASICALLY WOULD THE NOS SETUP BE EASIER? SORRY ABOUT THE THOUSAND QUESTIONS BUT I NEED SOME MAJOR HELP IN PLANNING SO I CAN GET THESE DAMN GSR'S OFF MY BACK!!

G

·
First It is a know fact (maybe not to you) that when you post in all caps it is like you are yelling. Are you angry?
Next I will have to say that I would stay away from NOS and go with the DET or bolt on turbo kit.
http://laf.cioe.com/~benbobbo/NonCGI/Forum3/HTML/000086.html
These are pics of what a 100 shot can do. It may even be better for you to put a turbo kit together your self. You could probably do this for the least amount of money. This way all you have to do is figure out how much power you want and build it. you want a T25 Find one and get a BB manifold, you want a T28 get the GTI-R manifold, or you want something bigger like T03/T4 get the Fmax manifold. As you can see this way you can make whateveryou want, and dont have to change the whole motor.

------------------
MarC
96 w/ no turbo
AIM SER96MarC

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry about yelling..=) anyway, if i piece a turbo together about how much would that cost? plus, wouldnt i have to get ALOT of stuff besides the obvious turbo and manifold?i think id definetley go bigger than a t28..maybe a t3/t4? anything to get me into the 12's thats pretty much my goal..that and im very picky about reliability...i see too many people with turbos that cant drive the damn things cuz theyre always broke! Finally, what would be a good starting point for a turbo and manifold..? turbonetics?hks?greddy? also, i live in wisconsin..if you know any reputable shops even around the chicago area that would really help alot!! thanks again!

G

·
Yes there is alot more than just the turbo and manifold. You will need intercoller, piping, blowoff valve, piping, and so on and so on. I dont have a turbo and have not priced turbo parts all that much so I am not the one to talk to about prices.

------------------
MarC
96 w/ no turbo
AIM SER96MarC

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Hey, everyone sees those pics of the blown NOS'ed SR20 on that link and the way people keep putting it on this board, ya'll are going to create unfounded prejudice for NOS. That engine had like 100k of HARD NOS USE, total of 160k with stock internals. That's VERY unheard of, a true testament to the power of the SR20DE. NOS is very safe, done right, just can't be a monkey about it.

But NOS is not 24/7 power, where a turbo is

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
ya, what ben said. nos is not bad when used correctly and set up right. I made 50 wheel hp off a 50 shot. it is all in the tuning, learning how to read plugs, ect,ect,ect.

------------------
98 se-r w/ p/r cai, stillen header, courtesy exhaust, JUN flywheel, ACT clutch, NOS nitrous kit, eibach springs, kyb struts, st sways, cusco camber plates, f/r strut braces, lotsa bushings, and a bunch of other crap not really worth mentioning

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
Hey VSPEC, I'm not far off in Kenosha Wi. Anyway just thought I'd throw a really good shop name your way. They are in Il. but are worth the drive. They have done a DE-T swap and have built several very fast 240's! Their name is TAD motorsports and their website is www.tadmotorsports.com

I would also add that building your own turbo kit can be a very affordable and cost effective way of going fast, but your goal of reaching the 12's needs to happen over time. It's not as easy as just bolting the parts on and running a 12. Get the stuff put on and urnning correctly then work your way to the track (and hopefully the 12's). With the amount of power you want to make you should consider the T3/T4. This is a very popular setup that has been known to produce some huge numbers! Anyway stay tuned to the classifieds for turbo parts and in the meantime read all that you can find on turbochargers
Hope this helps!

late,
wes

www.wes.nissanpower.com

[This message has been edited by wes (edited 12-19-2000).]

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey whats up wes, thanks for the link also about those g20 seats..that was really helpful. I definetley am leaning towards piecing a turbo together. i know nos is safe when done correctly but ive always wanted a turbo on my car so thats pretty much what im shooting for. Hahn Racecraft also told me to go to tad motorsports so it seems like they know their stuff. As far as a manifold goes ill probably need someone to custom make one for me wont i? anyway i think ill price some stuff out now...thanks for all the help guys!

·
713 ways to be a dick!
4,652 Posts
NO problem man. Yes TAD is a great shop. They did some stuff on my car! On any given day you can see right hand drive Mitsu. Lancers sitting out front! They build rally cars as a specialty! And you don;t need a custom manifold. You have several options! FMAX has a mnifold for the T3/T4. If you choose to run a T25 or T28 you could get the BB manifold or the GTI-R manifold respectively! So the parts are available, you just need to piece it together! Take car man!

late,
wes

www.wes.nissanpower.com

1 - 9 of 9 Posts