SR20 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...round and round I go.....first Im gonna DET....now im looking at just bolting up DET parts to my DET...Fawk..im so indecisive. Well anyways...just wondering if anybody knows where I can order the conversion parts ( Turbo, Manifold, injectors, piping, intercooler..etc... ) I have to order these all from a reptuable shop/store thats takes a credit card. I figure with how much it should cost me to Turbo my DE ( not counting the big kits like Fmax or Hotshot ) I'd be able to save myself some cash. My quote from SR20 for motor and all the things I was gonna need plus install...would be about 5 grand. Worse case scenario if my 95,000 mile motor goes bad I can purchase a low mileage DE for 500/600 bucks and move the parts over. but yeah...where can I buy all this ish? Thanks guys!

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Soopastank

Oh yeah a reliable low 13 second daily driver is pretty much what I want out of my car. ( Till im done with college ) So im thinking mabye a BB type setup...As far as the ECU I know the JWT is the only option. But everything else...well...thats what you guys are gonna help me with!

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no not yet..but im about to know! Thanks! Cmon guys keep em comming

·
You like that, dontchya?
956 Posts
Irwin! Sounds like a good idea...too bad I don't have that option. :(

Anyways, hit up www.nismoparts.com and get the T28 turbo and GTI-R manifold, that should be a grand right there.

Hit up FTF for 370cc (or 50lb/hr) injectors, fuel pump and fuel rail, about $500.

JWT ECU $600

FMIC and piping...let's say $300

Downpipe...eh, $300 (I think the SR20Dev one will fit too, but not sure)

Other random **** and tapping the block for oil return line will cost you around another $500-$600

So, that's about $3k there and you should easily have low 13s. Larry has this set up and the last time he hit up the track hit a 13.4 @ 104 with a crappy 2.0 60' on slicks. Oh and that was only 8psi on 91 octane gas. He also had a bunch of tools and other stuff in his car weighing it down...including a baby seat!

Good luck man!

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Your the man Antonio! This was the awnser I was looking for! Now If anyone else can give me other locations that have better prices..he,he,he please post..if not..well looks like I need to start ordering shiet..man...$3,000 hmmm...aint the hotshot kit like 3,500 with gauges, injectors and all that? hmmmm.....I wonder...plus its a bigger turbo....hmmm...choices, choices..he,he,he

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
the Hotshot kit is $3299 for everything BUT the JWT ECU, so total, you would be looking @ approx $3900 for the complete setup, redline also has a kit for $3600 http://www.cnw.com/~redline/SE-Rturbo.htm

AND this has the ECU, so here are some more things to consider and confuse...

the only problem i see with the hotshot kit is the manifold may be prone to cracking (not sure, judging this from my supposedly crack resistant G3 header replete with long crack in the weld between the primaries) and that it is a kinda bubba setup, as in it uses what i have heard to be an antique turbo.

i haven't heard anything about the redline setup, anyone have any clues? comments? found the meaning of life?

·
Registered
51 Posts
DET swap in 200sx se

Hey bro howsit going. I m doing an sr20det swap right now in my 96 200sx. They are right it will cost at least 5000.00 to get it running. My swap is costing me more because i am building the motor also, but if you have any questions on were and how to do it. Let me know

·
Registered
51 Posts
F-Max kit

If your going to just turbo your ser motor than I would go with the F-Max kit. I personaly know all the guys over at f-max and know what kind of work they do. They are a small shop over by my house and put alot of time into every kit. My friend that worked there is doing my kit on my DET motor for free. F-Max is by far better than any other kit for the DE. I also know what you should do if your going to do your kit.

·
Team Tool
2,514 Posts
All i got is time

Hey if you can, wait and watch. I waited all summer, and now i am reaping the benifits. I will be putting a f-max stage 2 togeather for about 3000.00. A little better than the 5000.00 they want.

·
Registered
51 Posts
good choice

The full F-Max kit is only 3200.00. But you can pretty much do your own bad ass kit for about the same price.

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
$3200!!! are you shitting me?

everytime i have looked it was at least $4000 for the stage 1 kit!

could you divulge as to how this kit can be scored for $3200? i am for sure goin turbo in a few weeks to a month, and was just about sold on going with a T28 GTiR setup boosting about 1 bar, but if the F-MAX setup is $3200, i will most definetly go for it!

·
Registered
51 Posts
F-Max kit

F-Max is right here by my house, I know all the guys over there. I get cost on all there parts. But that still didnt make me tubo my stock motor. I still went with the DET motor. There is so much more you can do with that set up in the long run. Its by far the better option.

·
You're my boy blu!!!!
296 Posts
Soopastank said:
Hey guys...round and round I go.....first Im gonna DET....now im looking at just bolting up DET parts to my DET...Fawk..im so indecisive. Well anyways...just wondering if anybody knows where I can order the conversion parts ( Turbo, Manifold, injectors, piping, intercooler..etc... ) I have to order these all from a reptuable shop/store thats takes a credit card. I figure with how much it should cost me to Turbo my DE ( not counting the big kits like Fmax or Hotshot ) I'd be able to save myself some cash. My quote from SR20 for motor and all the things I was gonna need plus install...would be about 5 grand. Worse case scenario if my 95,000 mile motor goes bad I can purchase a low mileage DE for 500/600 bucks and move the parts over. but yeah...where can I buy all this ish? Thanks guys!

Hey Irwin check this out!!
xs-engineering turbo.....Aprox.851.76
turbo manifold.....500.00
ftf fuel upgrade.....500.00
griffen intercooler.....300.00
end tanks....40.00
tial wastegate.....290.00
jwt ecu....600.00
downpipe....300.00

12-sec. daily driver..........Priceless!!!!!!

·
Recovering Rice Boy
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Where did you get that from man? Oh yeah you gonna give me that front end or what? he,he,he E-mail me man!

·
You're my boy blu!!!!
296 Posts
You got mail:D :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts