SR20 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i think i have an injector out, and i was talkin to a friend, and he said i can put any injector in that is at or above the right injector size, and it will run correctly, is this true? hes sayin i could put in 550cc injectors and it wil run the same as if it were a stock injector

also, for turbos, he said that the psi is the only determining factor in how much aif is being flowed, so, a t28 at 15pis flows just as much air as a t7 at 15psi, i was under the impression that bigger turbos move more air at lower psi

please guys, set me straight

·
The Serbaninator
3,241 Posts
whoever told you that needs to lay off the doobie.

mis-matching injectors will mean that whatever the larger injectors are, that cylinder will run richer.

a 550cc injector flows like a 550cc injector at whatever fuel pressure you have. Add 4 in and don't make any changes in management and the car runs rich as a pig.

Add 1 550cc injector wiht three 370cc injectors will make that cylinder much richer than the others.

I'd love to know this dude's theories on twin charging :rofl:

·
70/30 Racing
11,372 Posts
91SERious said:
also, for turbos, he said that the psi is the only determining factor in how much aif is being flowed, so, a t28 at 15pis flows just as much air as a t7 at 15psi, i was under the impression that bigger turbos move more air at lower psi
In the simplest terms...

Kind of.

They are both flowing about the same air, yes (it is, after all, based on the engine's ability to ingest air) but the larger turbo would likely make more power because it isn't clogging up the exhaust side as much with the backpressure required to make that kind of compressor flow. The turbo has to have enough compressor flow to supply the head with enough air to pressurize the intake manifold. The less backpressure it requires to do so, the more power it will make.

A larger turbo allows you to run more boost than a smaller one. At 7000rpm, a T88 will easily make 20psi, where a T25 will be struggling with 12psi.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts