SR20 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
SE-R for life
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here installed a turbo timer into a 95-97 200SX? I need to know which wire from the ecu is the rpm signal wire. If anyone has a wiring diagram for the ecu pin out that would be even better, because I also need the pin for the O2 sensor to hook up the lean/rich gauge.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I have been told you do not want to run an air fuel mxture gauge with a turbo on our cars. One of the Nissan guru's says that it will take enough voltage away from the reading of the O2 sensor to the ECU and cause you to run lean, then KABOOM! Thats why I sold mine right before the BB setup went on my car! :D

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
ProjectSE-R said:
I have been told you do not want to run an air fuel mxture gauge with a turbo on our cars. One of the Nissan guru's says that it will take enough voltage away from the reading of the O2 sensor to the ECU and cause you to run lean, then KABOOM! Thats why I sold mine right before the BB setup went on my car! :D
If you take voltage away from the ECU, then wouldn't it run rich?

·
Registered
727 Posts
unlucky said:

If you take voltage away from the ECU, then wouldn't it run rich?
I dont know from experience, I am just going by what Chris @ SR20 Development told me a few weeks before doing the install. I dont remember if he said it would take or send extra voltage. All I know is the guy knows his ****, so I figure why chance it.

·
Registered
521 Posts
so chris said it will f%^k up the car, damit I better get rid of mine, so if you dont use that then how do you tell if it is rich or lean??

·
Air filter cleaner masta
4,218 Posts
so is that car that was in SCC a few months back ****ed up his car by having one??? I dont know. He had a bunch of gauges in his car and all over the side of the black monster was SR20Development stickers!!! I am confused. Let me know more John.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I have my air fuel connected to my cat o2. Will that effect my car running rich or lean? Also does anyone know how to hook up the turbo timer to a 95 200sx Se-R

Alex Fernandez
95 200sx Turbo

1 - 8 of 8 Posts