SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to learn all I need to know about getting a turbo for my car. I see some people selling them on Se-r.net but what do I need to know to make sure I am getting a complete and working turbo? What are all the basic components needed for it to be operable? I know about the turbo itself and you also need a turbo manifold. Is it wise to buy a turbo from someone over the net or would it be best to buy it from a national company such as JWT? How much should I expect to pay?

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I too am considering going turbo. What is the price difference betwen going with a kit vs. piecing one together? (ball park figure.)

------------------
1999 SE Limited: JWT POP, NGK Wires, OBX Muffler 2.25" exhaust, Hotshot header, Eibach Sportlines, KYB AGX, 17 deg. timing
http://post.uwstout.edu/l/lilienthala/car.html

·
El Chingon
892 Posts
Pretty big. The minimum price difference between the kit and peicing it together is minimum $1K. If you have some pretty good hookups, your price goes down even further. When I'm done peicing my kit, I'll let you guys know how much it cost me roughly. If you guys are really serious about turboing your car, I suggest you do some hardcore reading done first. Buy the book Maximum Boost by Corky Bell. $31.30 shipped from half.com. Very good source of info on turbocharging for someone starting out.

------------------
David
'98 Super Black SE w/stuff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts