SR20 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can i boost a stok de motor with out breaking and blowing any thing. any have any idea?

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok you guys are not really helping, i have been search and trying te find some on that can help answer my question. im not very educated on boosting de motors. so please if your ganna be clits about it then dont reply thanks you.

·
easy 400WHP
12,682 Posts
you obviously havent searched well. Its probably your terrible spelling. Take your time and enter the words properly spelled. If you misspell a word in the search pane you wont get good results because most people here know how to spell.

Do you have any idea how many people have turbo'd a DE? Quite a few, if not 100's of people. And the info is all here. I guarantee it!

you did spell "clits" right, amazing how dirty words are much better learned than common words.

·
love the Florida sun!!
1,906 Posts
all it takes is some research , and lots of time ... a lil bit of money helps out alot.

I think what ppl are saying in not so many words is the search button is your friend right now.

Try using search words like " turbo stock " or "boost DE " with diff. variations ..

I would start by compression testing your current motor, dedicating some time and have either a geekout or have someone with engine/car knowledge help you out.
Then you have to consider things like what kind of clutch upgrade, ECU ( if you wanna send it to Calum or JWT to reprogram ) , what kind of turbo, tapping the block , etc.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
first off, just to make you know the reason i mispelled word in my post is becuz i was in a rush and im doing something for my final exams this week, so before you start talking mad **** think to your self reason why the words were spell rong. And for the last tiime if you dont have an answer to my flipping question- i have searched nights and sum times day, and i found info just not in my budget- dont reply to me cuz im not here to argue with lil gurls. thanks for stopping by.........

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks 94sentraSER, i bought my car already turbo and the compression is all over the place, the upper oil pan is tapped alread and i have a oil filter sandwich on it already, i hav ethe turbo manifold and exhaust. I plan on replaceing the engine with another stock one, but i wanted to know if any one boosted a stock de with out breaking any thing cuz most people i spoke to, blew summin up, i am planing on putting a t25 for now. i was hoping that someone who did it already would have sum "dont make the same mistake i did" you know....... but thanks (any one else has imput that could be useful)

·
gee, eh? 16...
559 Posts
you still misspelled a buttload of words in your rebuttle, so I dont know what to tell you...
:rofl:

The answers are all there, all it takes is some time to look around the forums. The reason why people are such dicks is because this question has been answered over and over again.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Damn took you so long (NX$paniard ), finally some usefull infomation from you, thanks you and you have a nice day. "touch hole"

·
oh so LAZY
9,747 Posts
here is an EXAMPLE of the parts you will need. Some things can be changed, such as the ECU. I would probably go with a Calum Real-Time ECU.

GTIR turbo, manifold, o2 housing
3" VRS downpipe
3" exhaust, mandrel bent
walbro 255 fuel pump
Nismo Adjustable FPR
555cc injectors
z32 MAF
JWT ECU programmed for turbo/555cc/Z32 MAF/ 3bar fuel pressure
ACT 6 Extreme pressure plate and Street disc.
Johnny racecar FMIC
get some custom IC piping for the FMIC
Nissport oil sending adaptor
Oil pressure gauge
Boost gauge

·
love the Florida sun!!
1,906 Posts
How can i boost a stok de motor with out breaking and blowing any thing. any have any idea?

Oh ok this statement sounded like you would be starting from scratch...

Turbo FAQ's is also a good sticky People usually post a new thread when the search button doesn't produce the specific problem one is having .

I've found numerous problem solving answers without posting just by searching. I usually post a thread after not finding what im looking for after at least a few hours of searching.

No one is here trying to piss anyone off, but ppl get more helpful when you're helping yourself.

GL

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Most people who reads this post as u can see above, thinks im oblivious, im not i just dont want to spend money where i dont need to, exspecially the fact that im a college student and have a low income (no pitty needed) but the most important thing i was looking for was can all this be ran on stock internals. Cuz my bredrin tells me that it safer to dump more fuel and have the msd kit on it. i already have the fpr, walboro, 370 injectors, manifold, sandwich. the ecu well im in the process of getting the avinir ecu.

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
its much safer to have it tuned!

stock de can handle up to 20psi depends on tuning, for how long i dont know.

your safe anywhere between 7-15

·
Criminology
1,931 Posts
this thread should be moved to the newbie section

·
Ruby Red SE-R
1,578 Posts
Most people who reads this post as u can see above, thinks im oblivious, im not i just dont want to spend money where i dont need to, exspecially the fact that im a college student and have a low income (no pitty needed) but the most important thing i was looking for was can all this be ran on stock internals. Cuz my bredrin tells me that it safer to dump more fuel and have the msd kit on it. i already have the fpr, walboro, 370 injectors, manifold, sandwich. the ecu well im in the process of getting the avinir ecu.
Who is this. Where do you reside?? The SR20 motors can take the abuse just compression check it to see what your motor is up to and run stock boost (7lbs) on either a T25 or T28 and you'll be fine! ZEEN!!!!!!!!

·
utahnissans.com
5,051 Posts
If you are a poor college student and need this car to be reliable I would keep it stock. You will break things or the car will leave you stranded more then a stock will one. I 100% guarantee this.

PS:

1 - 20 of 46 Posts