SR20 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have recently picked up a sr16ve pulsar (Non N1) and I have been thinking about turbocharging options. I have thought of using a CT9 out of a Toyota Starlet Glanza v (or GT Turbo). I Cant find any information anywhere so I'm guessing that even if someone has done it they have not shared their experience online. The reason I have thought about using this turbo is because it is a relatively small turbo (So I'm hoping to be able to run it without needing to do a rebuild) and that I could probably snag one out of a starlet that someone may be parting, (so hopefully relatively cheap because the cars themselves aren't that expensive). I'm not too sure if the CT9 would fit on the sr20det manifold and can't find any SR to CT9 Manifolds.

What are anyone's thoughts on this? Would I be better off going with something like a TD04 or something else? What issues would I expect to run in to with the stock internals?

Thank you :)

·
Registered
97 Posts
fair bit of work involved, when you can buy a sr20vet complete for like $3500aud/$2500usd. the 16ve conrods are matchsticks, so dont plan on using too much boost.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
fair bit of work involved, when you can buy a sr20vet complete for like $3500aud/$2500usd. the 16ve conrods are matchsticks, so dont plan on using too much boost.
My other option would be to save up and buy a real sr/rb with a turbo, would that be a better option.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts