SR20 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well got the new JWT clutch in there. For those of you that don't know, I blew up my original JWT PP a week ago Sunday due to massive unknown abuse I was giving to it mistaking clutch slipping as wheelspin. Here's a pretty pic:

So now I've got a new JWT PP and stock disk installed at Salt Fest this weekend and all is good. I can HEAR wheelspin in first now and the front of the car jumps around and ****.
In second, in snow tires or now my summer tires, doesn't break loose at all. On one side, I guess that's good since I know my clutch is holding, that I'm not wasting rubber, and that I don't need to buy expensive tires. But on the other side, I'm not making the power I thought I was to be able to spin them in second gear. Ah well

Will be interesting what the dyno says now, huh?

------------------
Ben98SentraSE
98 Sentra SE TURBO

·
Registered
782 Posts
JWT gets all of "their" pressure plates from Clutch Bastards! Sorry to be the one to let you know the truth!

·
Registered
448 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by APEXSER:
JWT gets all of "their" pressure plates from Clutch Bastards! Sorry to be the one to let you know the truth!</font>
Um, and he aint lying Ben. Good luck!

·
Registered
782 Posts
That doesn't look too good. So you went and bought another "Clutch Bastards" pressure plate, huh? Did you ever look at replacing the Clutch Masters setup with an ACT? I hope this one doesn't turn out like the last one did. Good Luck!

------------------
Louis Anaya 1992 Sentra SE-R
13.6 @ 111 mph(Street Tires),12.7 @ 112 mph(Slicks 2.00 60' time), Bluebird SR20DET w/ GTiR Pistons,T3/T04E,Deltagate Wastegate (9 PSI) FMAX Manifold, RevHard FMIC, JWT S3 Cams, JWT Ported & Polished Head, 1996 200SX SE-R Welded & Cyro Treated Tranny, ACT Xtreme P/PL & 6 Puck Disc, Cobra MAF, JWT ECU w/ 4 Bar Fuel Program, MSD 50lb/hr Injectors, JWT Fuel Rail, 300ZXTT Fuel Pump, AeroMotive Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator, Greddy Type "R" BOV, Greddy Profec B, Greddy Boost & EGT Guages, UR 4 Pulley Kit, Powerslot Rotors, Axxis MM Brake Pads, ES Motor Mounts, Topspeed Short Shifter, Momo Cobra Shift Knob, KYB AGX Struts, GC Coilovers (350F/600R)& 17x7 White Tenzo Shu-4's w/ Kuhmo 205/40/ZR17 Tires

·
www.motorists.org
3,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Where does it say this is a Clutch Master's setup? Read it again... JWT

1 - 6 of 6 Posts